Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:34 PM

So called Art!

I've put this in here as it is a popular section, and need as much attention as possible!!

THIS WILL TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME AND WILL SAVE A CREATURE - AND HOPEFULLY REMOVE THIS SO-CALLED 'ARTIST'!!!

Hi all,
this is a very serious matter...

In the 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, he tied him to a rope in an art gallery, starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

Does it look like art to you?

But this is not all ... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the biennial of 2008.

Let's STOP HIM!!!!!

Click on the following link :

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition-sign.html

or

http://www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html or just copy it in your browser to sign a petition to stop him to do it again, then digit the name Guillermo Vargas Habacuc to find the petition to sign.

Please do it.

It's free of charge and it will only take 1 minute to save the life of an innocent creature.

Thank you
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Done...

It makes me feel physically sick. This story was in some national paper not long ago,

I believe that on a board behind this poor, poor dog was stuck a load of dog biscuits.

SICK, SICK SICK AND IF I COULD PERSONALLY STOP THIS I WOULD. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE MAN.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Why are the images not showing?
Although I've seen it before and signed, its horrible what a ba$tard xx
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Seen and signed it before - especially when he was being commissioned to do the same thing again this year. Luckily that has been put a stop to. Cruelty in the name of ART???? Didn't anyone else find it bizarre that people were actually watching and walking by doing nothing

You can find the images on 'you tube' - but BEWARE they are DISTURBING.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2008, 08:19 AM
In order to prevent nightmares - this whole thing is a bit dubious. It seems to keep re-surfacing, so I suspect someone is actively keeping it in the news (not dog-lovers, perhaps the publicity-seeking artist or agent?) As I understand it, the original Gallery now maintain the dog didn`t die. Some people have suggested the dog was suffering from disease. The artist then said he was going to repeat it at a Bienniale (2-yearly art exhibition) which was strongly denied by the organisers who categoriacally stated they would not tolerate animal cruelty. The artist now says it was part of a political statement............
This took place in a country where stray dogs do starve to death on the street. It would be nice if some of this web-based concern went towards animal welfare instead of hypeing up the `artist`
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Signed....
Ba$t*rds....need shooting....any sick person who calls it art or is envolved in it!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
In order to prevent nightmares - this whole thing is a bit dubious. It seems to keep re-surfacing, so I suspect someone is actively keeping it in the news (not dog-lovers, perhaps the publicity-seeking artist or agent?) As I understand it, the original Gallery now maintain the dog didn`t die. Some people have suggested the dog was suffering from disease. The artist then said he was going to repeat it at a Bienniale (2-yearly art exhibition) which was strongly denied by the organisers who categoriacally stated they would not tolerate animal cruelty. The artist now says it was part of a political statement............
This took place in a country where stray dogs do starve to death on the street. It would be nice if some of this web-based concern went towards animal welfare instead of hypeing up the `artist`
Hi, i've bumped this back up again, if it is dubious i find the whole thing quite sickening anyway whether the dog lived or died, he was obviously in a terrible state, tied up and being passed by lots of people who could have helped him. A picture i saw had dog biscuits pinned to a display behind this poor dog. I did google before i signed and found nothing that said this did not happen. so for that reason i would like the petition to get as many signatures as possible, incase there is a slim chance that this is even thought about again with another poor dog.
Gracefulgrey
New Member!
Female 

14-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I have never felt so sick. This man is walking the earth in the shape of a human being, and so are those who are assisting and allowing him to carry out this torture. I never believed in true undiluted evil till I saw this.

I have checked with Snopes.com, and their conclusion on the outcome of this is "Undetermined".