View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
footloose
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-09-2010, 11:31 AM
What a strange reply, but of course done to deflect the question: "How are you financed Jodie."
footloose
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-09-2010, 11:32 AM
You asked Kevin, now I'm asking you.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I dont run a commercial operation - so I take offence to you asking about my personal finances on a public forum.
footloose
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Of course you do, your website Greytexploitations carries advertising. But it does raise the question, just who is exploiting the greyhound, I would guess its Trudy Baker.

So how are you financed, I hope it's not by us tax-payers.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by footloose View Post
Of course you do, your website Greytexploitations carries advertising. But it does raise the question, just who is exploiting the greyhound, I would guess its Trudy Baker.

Greytexploitations carries no paid advertising what-so-ever.

The only link on the website to a commercial company is that of my webmasters - out of courtesy.
footloose
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Of course it doesn't Jodie. Yawn!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

22-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by footloose View Post

So does this one, so have you asked how this is financed? So does FGG (fantastic site) have you asked them?
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-02-2011, 03:41 PM
From a quick glimpse it looks like this thread has turned into a slagging match.
I haven't read through the whole thread so I'm probably repeating what others have already said.
I have a few friends who are greyhound trainers,they're a dime a dozen around here.The ones who are my friends supplement their farming income by training greys.THEY keep at least one retired dog as a pet in the house.They (at their own expense after the owners have told them to kill it) keep the dogs until a place in rescue can be found for it.They are not relying on the dogs for income,it's pin money and pleasure to them.They take very good care of their dogs.
Those however who depend on racing greys for income are not so sentimental.Very slowly the industry is responding to pressure and making pathetic attempts to ensure that the 40,000 useless greyhounds per annum are at least killed humanely.
Most greyhound kennels (not all) provide good conditions for a dog so long as he has the potential to make money.
But racing is a business so the dogs are regarded as livestock.Valued only for their monetary value.Cattle.
I was a beef farmer for many years but in the end I couldn't stand to see cattle treated as cattle.I was in bits when they went off to slaughter so me and the missus sold our acres to a developer,bought our kids houses in Dublin,ourselves a couple of acres and took early retirement.We never did eat beef,still don't.Our cows had NAMES.I've always had a grey or two knocking about the place,still do.My kids and now their kids take their first wobbly steps supported on a grey's leg.I wouldn't leave the kids alone with the terriers,snappy little gits,but they can play unsupervised in the yard with the greys anytime.Greyhounds are dogs.And like all dogs deserve to be treated like pets.They love to chase,we have a lure course of sorts in the garden,the grandkids love to take money off grandpa betting on their favourite (I always stake on the 10 year old)From a very early age though my lot know the difference between the races at home and those on the track.Sometimes a dog will injure himself at these home style races.We all pile into the car and off to the vet.I never miss a chance to tell the kids as they're cuddling the grey in the back of the jeep that if this were a real race dog we'd be off to get him killed.They scream their little heads off until I tell 'em to shut up you eejits.We'll get him fixed and he'll be grand tomorrow,but if he were a real race dog he'd be dead.Promise grandpa you'll never bet on a real greyhound race.You wouldn't want Louie or Ginger or whoever to be killed now would you?No of course you wouldn't,hush now,we'll have him right in a minute.Will you stop that now Aoife you're a devil so ye are.You're after upsetting the poor dog...OK so it's limited but this is a conversation with 5 year olds.They're old enough to take my money and old enough to take on board what I'm saying. Easier with them than adults who always have a 'but' just waiting for when you shut up long enough to get it in...
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you for your honest contribution to this debate - very refreshing
Page 157 of 157 « First < 57 107 147 154 155 156 157