Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2016, 07:32 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, March 17

Good Morning everyone, Happy St Patrick's Day to you all, top of the morning!

June, I hope your girls come into season soon they seem to be all over the place.

I wonder how Harvey got on with Casey, Hope his leg and plums are well on the mend.

Griff, I do hope it all sorts out for you and your poor mum.

1cd, £600 per month is considered quite reasonable round here in Essex as it is an expensive area to live, but having said that it is expensive when she never carries out any repairs.

Amber is awaiting her walk so I had better get my skates on and taker her out.

Jenny and Lynn, hope you are both feeling better today.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very chilly again today but sunny was a tad misty earlier though.

Hoping musical beds and bones got sorted last night also hoping Casey's vet visit went well.
Hope all four legged and hooman friends are well today.
Meeting Elaine for lunch today so need to get a move on and walk Dillon and put the hoover round. Done the washing up.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Good morning Moyra,Lynn and all who follow

Enjoy your meet up with Elaine and give he our good wishes.

Hope you manage a quiet day Moyra.

Lovely video of the girls Griff.

Hope is all well in Tawney Towers and no more musical beds during the night

Do hope Casey is ok and the vet visit went well.

Sorry forgot yesterday so belated Happy Birthday to Kyla Nippy. Hope you enjoyed the party.

Lovely and sunny here and with only a light breeze not too cold. Might put some peas and runner beans into pots in the greenhouse this morning. So not a busy day for me for a change.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Morning all. Lovely and sunny here. Hope you are all feeling happier with the sun now shining. It does help. I see that Paul Daniels has passed away. Sad.
I have asked my vet via a email what is the best preventative treatment for this new tick that has reared its ugly head. I will let you know when I hear from them. Very worrying. Well must get on and do. bfn Have a good day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Lovely morning so far, sun is out, feels cold, hoping it warms up a bit. Today Is The Day when I take Mabs, Kesh and Zen onto the field for a training session and play. We are going in the car as there are lots of toys in the footwell from when we all used to go on the river (no idea when those days will be back, its been 3 months since the water board moved onto the land) Well that is the plan, walk round and a play with the ball, stop and hitch 2 to the railings, and keep changing them round. Another walk round with the ball. Got chicken pieces out of the freezer last night to defrost as rewards. We will see how it goes
Have a lovely time out Lynn and enjoy the lunch.
Harvey are you feeling better and hope that Casey's leg and his plums are in good order
Was watching that farming programme on BBC2 last night and couldn't believe he never noticed his bull had only 1 plum, they were obviously used to having their bits handled, so how on earth did he miss it. He couldn't understand it either!!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2016, 10:19 AM
I wonder if the testicle could have gone back inside. Apparently they can in dogs so why not cattle. Oh well off to walk Tyto and then watch Noahs Ark from years ago. They are showing them again on itv3 at 10.55am this morning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Morning all
hope everyone enjoys their day today and walks go smoothly
Nothing doing here....got to get a haircut later but that is it
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Well I have had a reply from my vet and they are still pushing this tablet to be taken orally called Bravecto. I personally don't like the idea of putting these chemicals inside my dog. Bad enough putting it on the skin. So it is personal choice at the end of th day. I have asked what spot on treatment they would recommend instead so will let you all know when they reply. Still sunny here and quite warm. Have a good afternoon peeps. Where have all the others gone? lg, lacey, etc.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Brenda, i did a google about it earlier and i was looking for the fastest acting stuff...Bravecto kept coming up but like you i won't give in tablet form....i might be a bad owner but i worm as and when i remember...so every few months and flea treatment, well i always use advocate and that again is as and when i remember.... i will be having a chat with the vet about this new tick thing that is going round, i will be waiting until i see conor though as i a not sure Ash will understand my not really wanting to pop chemicals on them
Lacey i would guess is a very very busy lady, LG is stuck in paperwork hell dealing with accounts i believe
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2016, 02:33 PM
They were washing them and grooming them, so surely they would have noticed when they were cleaning btms Another one was lame, well surely that would have been picked up prior to going off to the sale Those vet checks are an excellent idea,pity the KC doesn't institute them at Crufts, Oh I forgot they do, but somehow faults aren't noticed
Girls food delivery came just as I was getting organised to take them over to the field, excellent timing, he carried it in for me.
Had a really good half hour with them throwing balls and them all chasing round. All panting and slowed down, so started some training, had Zen on the long line, she tried to do a runner to the others tied up at the fence, and thats why she had a line on, well the clip only snapped in two didn't it a horse lunge line by the way, shouldn't have happened,will take it back to show them at the wholesalers, but judging by the non commital attitude as regards the size of the shavings bales, I doubt it will have any effect. Got another couple of lines anyway,but still annoying because of course Zen will think she can now do a runner and all will go as she wants it. Did a bit on a training lead with them all, Mabs totally useless, all she wants to do is come and sit next to me, whatever it is,she only does for a couple of seconds, then walks over to me and plonks herself down, no change there then.
Gorgeous sunny afternoon here, I've done a tip trip, taken some cardboard packing with me for one of the neighbours, goodness knows what they've bought, they said it was an American Fridge Freezer, but the packing virtually filled my car,so it must be enormous Taken all the dead plants out of the pots and they've gone to the tip. Will start on the borders next
Am now having a butty and cup of tea, backs very sore, so downtime needed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >