Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2007, 07:44 PM

So intelligent it's scary

When out walking Meeka and Storm tend to stick together and if one finds something interesting the other is soon sniffing in the same spot.

Storm often goes crashing through the bushes with Meeka waiting on the edge just in case something comes out. That is until Storm got his ball obsession

I never take a ball when I walk because I like dogs to do dogs stuff, I hate to see a dog going back and forth after a ball when there is so much stimulus for them elsewhere. However, Storm always seems to find one on our walks and once he does he is not interested in anything else.

Meeka seems to get really frustrated by this, I think because she loses her buddy and she has to investigate things on her own.

She has recently started to try to sabotage Storms fun. I didn't believe it at first but, watching them over the last few weeks, it definitely appears to be the case.

First off she just stole the ball and ran with it (she normally has no interest whatsoever in balls) but Storm just followed her until she got bored and then reclaimed his prize.

Next she raced ahead, put it down and then weed on it but that did not put Storm off (he's gross ).

Then she decided to drop it in the water, I watched this happen a few times before I realised what she was doing, but Storm just leapt into the water after it.

Today took the biscuit. She grabbed the ball, ran off with it, bit it until it popped, dropped it in the lake and promptly watched it sink

Storm leapt in but couldn't find it so Meeka had her playmate back. Wonder how long it will be until he starts to dive for them.......
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 08:17 PM
ha ha ha !!!! very good... a woman knows how to get what she wants!!
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Very true Alexandra, she is a canny soul and I sometimes think that she is really human. I've never had a dog that appears to think like she does. By contrast, Storm, her brother, is as thick as the proverbial
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 09:05 PM
But does a woman always get what she wants

And Chellie, that is one clever little girl, wonder what she'll try if he does dive for them
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Fantastic and men say women are not intelligent , and rarely do we get are own way when it involves a man xxdk
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
But does a woman always get what she wants

Everytime!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Everytime!!!
Yes you tell him Alexandra , us women were born to get what we want xxdk
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
When out walking Meeka and Storm tend to stick together and if one finds something interesting the other is soon sniffing in the same spot.

Storm leapt in but couldn't find it so Meeka had her playmate back. Wonder how long it will be until he starts to dive for them.......
He might well start scuba diving

It's truly wonderful to watch how two dogs interact. This is the first time in our lives we've had two, they are the same breed, same sex, and roughly same age, yet in many ways they are completely different. Bara is the intelligent one, Rianna the loving & affectionate one. Where Bara leads Rianna will always follow, but she's not so dumb, when chasing a deer, (which they never have a hope of catching,) she'll usually stop way before Bara does.
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Brilliant! Must be fun to watch.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Everytime!!!
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Yes you tell him Alexandra , us women were born to get what we want xxdk
You obviously get your men well trained! So how would you get what you wanted from me
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >