View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2013, 12:01 AM

We have a 'Members List' is it possible to have a 'Dog List' ?

Not sure if this is one for Azz or even if it's possible ?

There's been a few times of late where people have mentioned a particular dog by name and I've had to go off looking through threads to find them.

Would is be possible to have (on the left had side) a click for 'Member's Dogs' in the same way we have 'Member's List'.

I'm only talking about about a few details such as life dates and breed etc.

Just an idea
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Oooh I like the idea
Be interesting to see how many of each breed there are on here too
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2013, 12:33 AM
I would lov ethis as well if it is possible.

Ndidi
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 07:53 AM
I think it would be a good idea? Voluntarily of course, noone should have to disclose info they aren't happy with, but yep think its a good idea
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 08:00 AM
There are a lot of dogs with the same name, where as there is only one Nippy, BlueJay, Phil etc

If you do an advanced search and just type in the name of the dog it will throw up the threads with that name in. Thats how I find it
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Could be a big job too needing updating so many times each year. Think Azz and the mods have enough to do running this forum without extra work like this
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2013, 10:47 AM
I imagine this would create a lot of work and require frequent updating manually.

One thing I do is muddle up the names of people's dogs with the names of their offspring or other rellies! Especially when people are 'hoping someone or other feels better'. I'm getting there gradually but think it too much work to backtrack to find out.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Phil I think it would be wonderful idea as I'd love to see how many dogs of each breed (or cross) are on here. However, Azz is so busy at the moment that he'll probably have a nervous breakdown when he reads this thread

Would it be done by name or breed? Oooh the choices are endless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Jenny have you ever seen those 'location maps' that are attached to some discussion forums?

A small app you can use so members can 'put a pin' where they live and you see the clusters appearing on the map - I was wondering if something like this could be used. It updates itself.

Instead of putting a 'virtual' pin into a location on a world map - you could 'put a pin' on your dog's breed in a list!

This type of thing

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mod...x.php?mod=1010

(Gawd this is too much like work but not getting paid for it! I must be VERY disciplined today - no excuse to put it off any longer!)

Of course in my view - if anything costs money to licence - or very much work is involved - it is not fair to expect the owner of a FREE website to fork out for it or put the extra work in for nothing.

I'm surprised at the number of good websites that don't charge a modest 'joining fee'. Even a one off lifetime fiver or so. It's a contentious subject tho - with good reasons for and against which I won't go into here.
petitsfilous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2013, 03:05 PM
What a lovely idea!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >