Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
We've had a young Red and White in one class althoguh they gave up after a little while, but never seen a setter competing.
Haven't competed with maxy yet but did with my irish - slow and steady - and she loved it!

maxy does really well 'for a setter ' Sometimes he does like to do his own course - he loves the dog walk and a-frame so will do those over and over again!

This year I hope to do a couple of comps with him - but need to master the see-saw still!

I know of a lady who competes with her Irish and does ok!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
We were in a class with

boxer
Airedale
Cairn
Flatcoat retriever
cocker spaniels

other members had done it with

dalmatian
doberman
jack russell x
A boxer im glad to hear that as i have contaplated doing agiliyty with my youngest girl Beau , But not sure where to begin xxdk
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 03:06 PM
I do agility with an Alaskan Malamute and an Australian Shepherd
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I do agility with a Cavalier.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
I do agility with two BCs [ one pretty much retired now ], a Lurcher, and a BC x JRT.

I teach all sorts at my club, and past and present have taught many breeds including Poodles, Border Terriers, Manchester Terrier, Madmares Rottie x Alsatian and JRT, Border Terrier x Lakeland Terrier, Cockers and other Spaniels, Staffies, Akita, lots of crossbreeds, Weimi`s, Alsatians, Labs, Tollers, Kelpie`s, Beardies, and many many others.

I encourage all breeds and mixes to come to my club where we have no `elitism` toward any particular breed, plus whether competing or not they all get the same attention and all are trained to a level where they could compete if they wanted to, in other words none get any less training just because they might not want to compete or are not of a `typically competitive` breed

This thread here has some cracking pics of various breeds in agility

madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I do agility with my dobermann mainly collies in the classes but they also have
rottie x
min poodle
jack russell
shi tzu
tibetan terrier
And a couple of new ones will be starting tonight so i will wait to see what they are.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
A boxer im glad to hear that as i have contaplated doing agiliyty with my youngest girl Beau , But not sure where to begin xxdk
I've seen a few boxers doing it, and they do seem to enjoy themselves, especially when having a moment, and doing as they please

Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
I do agility with an Alaskan Malamute and an Australian Shepherd
Is the Aussie a bit mental whilst doing agility, I've seen a few at our club, and they just seem to fly around, like complete lunatics, and their handlers have little control, but I think that is the type of handlers they are,but did wonder whether Aussies were generally mad

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I do agility with two BCs [ one pretty much retired now ], a Lurcher, and a BC x JRT.

I teach all sorts at my club, and past and present have taught many breeds including Poodles, Border Terriers, Manchester Terrier, Madmares Rottie x Alsatian and JRT, Border Terrier x Lakeland Terrier, Cockers and other Spaniels, Staffies, Akita, lots of crossbreeds, Weimi`s, Alsatians, Labs, Tollers, Kelpie`s, Beardies, and many many others.

I encourage all breeds and mixes to come to my club where we have no `elitism` toward any particular breed, plus whether competing or not they all get the same attention and all are trained to a level where they could compete if they wanted to, in other words none get any less training just because they might not want to compete or are not of a `typically competitive` breed

This thread here has some cracking pics of various breeds in agility

Thanks for the link Patch, there are some fantastic pictures there. Your training sounds like the same approach as our trainer takes, she wants us all to be able to do well at competing if we chose to
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=I-mac77;1233308]I've seen a few boxers doing it, and they do seem to enjoy themselves, especially when having a moment, and doing as they please

Thanks Iain she enjoys nothing more than tearing about and jumping boy can she jump , Im 5/7 and she touch my face just by jumping from a sit position she has also cleared my six foot fence from a standing position if that makes sense , Only problem is she is very timid around strange dogs , and due to her boiserous nature i tend not to let her off lead to often xxdk
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post

Thanks for the link Patch, there are some fantastic pictures there. Your training sounds like the same approach as our trainer takes, she wants us all to be able to do well at competing if we chose to

its not just for that aspect though, I believe that its the best way to keep it safe, because if not taught to the highest possible skill level it can lead to sloppy handling which can mean dogs getting hurt, so I figure if every one gets the same input and attention to detail irrespective of competing or not, it keeps the handling quality high so less chance of accidents happening, plus of course I want every handler going home from a session feeling that they and their dog have achieved something and have had a good time doing it
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Just thought of some more

CKCS, Dalmations, Belgium Shepherd, Jack Russels, Border Terriors.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »