View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
I have been doing Agility with Ruby (see avtar) PRT and previously my PRT Patch(deceased) Ruby was great at it when you can keep her attention!I would love start competions with her.
I was going to a club which had to stop to find a new venue this was before xmas and i've not heard anything for a while. will have to chase it up as OH bought me some asto-turf trainers and i haven't been able to use them yet!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Great pics of these dogs in action, I really love watching these dogs on the tv!! Great stuff, wish I had done this in my past life. Why is it always collies though???? I'm an avid watcher of the Cruft's agility on the tv, and it's always, always collies?? Just wondered that's all! Thanks for these lovely pics everyone, I enjoyed seeing them all.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Great pics of these dogs in action, I really love watching these dogs on the tv!! Great stuff, wish I had done this in my past life. Why is it always collies though???? I'm an avid watcher of the Cruft's agility on the tv, and it's always, always collies?? Just wondered that's all! Thanks for these lovely pics everyone, I enjoyed seeing them all.

Sadly not all the classes at Crufts are televised which is such a shame. Usually they just show the Large Final which tends to be the fastest and most experienced Collies handled by the same people each year more or less, though there have been the occasional non-Collies and competition is getting stiffer every year with so many more breeds / crosses competing than ever before, [ and *lots* of amazing rescue dogs which just goes to prove that one does`nt have to get a pup from a breeder to do well ].

It would be so much more inspiring imo to show the Small and Medium dogs too, and especially the Junior Handlers.
If only they would show those, people would really get to see how diverse the breeds in Agility really are and how amazing the young children are at handling, it could do so much to encourage far more people to give it a try and think of the number of children who might give it a go instead of sitting in front of the telly or playing computer games all day if only they knew how much fun it can be !
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Moxie is a Border Collie X Australian Cattle Dog. She's super fast, and her handler (me) is super slow. Good thing Mox is a patient dog. An injury has kept us from competeing for sometime, but we still train and LOVE it and thats what matters.

Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Moxie is a Border Collie X Australian Cattle Dog. She's super fast, and her handler (me) is super slow. Good thing Mox is a patient dog. An injury has kept us from competeing for sometime, but we still train and LOVE it and thats what matters.
Oh wow, she is absolutely *stunning* :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
Theres no mistaking how much she thoroughly enjoys it :smt026
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Ooh im going to agility next weekend with Fudge my Chihuhahua, im very excited!!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 04:53 PM
i to would like to say congrats to both of you , lovely dogs also im not very agile
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2007, 03:29 PM
In my agility class we have Dobermanns , Labs , Border Collies , a Border Terrier and of course , a Staffie . In the advanced class , there's a Weimaraner who is competing very successfully .
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 11:01 AM
My Westie and I have reached competition standard agility and won our first tropy in the summer of last year. It was not easy at the beginning, I must add! When starting the jumps, Molly put her paw over her lead (several times!) as if to say 'no chance'!

Molly now flies through the agility course on her wee legs and I am ever so proud of her. I can tell her to 'go' and she'd do the course herself, including the weave, quite literally (maybe not in the right order!).

She is now solid as a rock, due to agility!

We acquired a multi-pedigree in August of last year, aged 5 1/2. I am now training her in obedience and agility, she is doing very well indeed, I am very please with her progress. She just loves to please, the wee soul.

I am very proud of both my girls.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
i would love to do agility with china but whats the situation with slightly dog aggressive dogs...

when we got china (rescue) she was VERY dog aggressive but she is pretty good now, only dislikes it if a dog fronts up to her...and she has a serious dislike for collies - never known why!

I get the feeling this would hinder us somewhat....

what would be your advise on this????

Alex
xx
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >