View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I have read all the postings about the Tamascan dog.
My Questions are
Is The Tamascan Dog a Utonagan?
Wast it ever a Utonagan ?
blufawn
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2006, 06:02 AM
We own 7 Tamaskan and we also know other people who own them and the temperament and characteristics are all very similar to each other. Therefore we feel it is safe to say we know the temperament of the dogs we own...
blufawn
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2006, 06:04 AM
We never meantioned anything about adding Czech into our Tamaksan and also Czech wolfdogs are legal in plenty of places across UK, its down to the individual council wheather they require a licence.
blufawn
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2006, 06:05 AM
More wolfy looking sled types dogs are exactly what they say they are. Dogs very similar to ours just bred from different lines.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Could you please name the "wolfy looking sled dog type dogs"???

with their breed names..

for example:

Malamute
Siberian Husky
Utonagon
Nothern Inuit
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 08:02 AM
can you provide a 5 generation pedigree with DNA backup for your tamaskans to prove they are not infact just Ute's that the name was changed?

And again, what other wolfy looking sled type dogs? I would think there was no secret into what dogs you have used to develop your breed, so wouldn't it be advantagious for you, in the promotion of your 'breed' if you could declare and prove what breeding you have used? Eg, by keeping records on breeding etc.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
No one has suggested there are Czech wolfdogs in the Tamaskan dogs but can you honestly say there is no wolf content and guarantee that?
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 08:14 AM
you mention the FCI standard in your breed profile, have you not submitted your standard to the FCI yet as i am familiar with most breeds on their recognised breed register but can find no mention of the Tamaskan dog, also how long ago did this breed originate in finland as i cant find anything relating to the Tamaskan in the list of Finnish native breeds.
p.s. just curious.
Tracey381
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Are they related to the utonagan in england, as im quite sure ive seen the same picture on another site (ummmmmmmmmm confused now)
blufawn
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the breed. I only own one....I don't breed them.
If you are that interested maybe you should all look at the website, or contact the owner of the website who could tell you more than me.....
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >