View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Meat eater here too - I wouldn't be surprized if Charlotte became a vegetarian though, her meat is nearly always left on the plate
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I LOVE meat, couldnt do without it.
Dawn.
shadowboy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2006, 09:42 PM
I eat much less meat than I use to but prepare it none the less for my dear hubby ( farmer you know, must have meat and potatoes!!!).
I find that the meat these days is so much harder to digest...maybe it's just old age...me that is not the meat
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I love meat too!
Try and have some sort of meat with every meal - very rarely do we have a veggie meal.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 10:47 PM
I can't do with my meat either I'm afraid, I don't really like veggies so I'd end up starving to death otherwise. Can't stand Lamb and not keen on most Fish, but try and eat oily varieties twice a week cos I know it's good for me. I retch so much towards the end I have to go and eat in the living room so everyone else can enjoy their meal in peace!

I hate the way the majority of farm animals are treated, but if you think watching Gordon Ramseys programme was bad go to any chicken/turkey factory and it'd turn you off meat for life.

I'd love to do the whole small scale organic farming thing, but I know I'd give them all names and end up keeping them all instead of eating them!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I eat far less meat than I used to, chiefly because of the much better range of alternatives that seem to suit me better. I have every respect for vegetarians and vegans, and am slightly puzzled by devoted meat eaters who find it difficult when faced with the reality of where it comes from, by seeing animals slaughtered for consumption. If I couldn't handle seeing that - and I accept that many would find it sickening - then I would turn away from meat eating.
However, as I am still a meat eater I will be getting another lamb for the freezer in June, knowing that it grew up in the field up the lane from me, and when I have my own place I will be producing lambs for that purpose.
BUT I am not sure that showing the "reality" on general TV is a good idea, as so many people are not meat eaters and could be offended or upset.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 11:19 PM
love all meats .......
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
I eat far less meat than I used to, chiefly because of the much better range of alternatives that seem to suit me better. I have every respect for vegetarians and vegans, and am slightly puzzled by devoted meat eaters who find it difficult when faced with the reality of where it comes from, by seeing animals slaughtered for consumption. If I couldn't handle seeing that - and I accept that many would find it sickening - then I would turn away from meat eating.
However, as I am still a meat eater I will be getting another lamb for the freezer in June, knowing that it grew up in the field up the lane from me, and when I have my own place I will be producing lambs for that purpose.
BUT I am not sure that showing the "reality" on general TV is a good idea, as so many people are not meat eaters and could be offended or upset.
That's a very good point, I know many people that love their meat but when faced with the thought or sight of animal slaughter don't want to know. It is a difficult one, I love all animals but at the end of the day we eat them. Just prefer to have them killed more humanley if possible. Good luck with the Lambs, you're braver than me!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by minda

I don't think I'll ever eat meat again but if I did I think organically farmed, free-range meat is quite acceptable. I'm vegetarian because I object to farming methods more than because I think it's wrong to kill animals for food. I think eating meat is quite natural and normal for humans, but not the way most meat is produced in intensive battery farms, pumped full of drugs and hormones, before being killed inhumanely.
I totally agree with that! I have been talking with my mom about giving up meat, and my reasons are the same as yours. I think she would be happy with me if i was giving up meat because i love animals, not because i dont like the way they are produced. I also think, thats she thinks i wanna give up meat cause my friend is vegetarian
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Carnivore here - wouldn't want to waste those teeth......
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »