Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2018, 07:27 AM

Daily Thread, Friday. 5th October.

Good morning all. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Hope Dillon and Casey are better today.

Have a good day very misty out there, be a lovely day when it clears. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Been to the vet what a palaver trying to get a wee sample. We got one eventually and all ok. Slight scare momentarily when she went to check test before we left glucose levels elevated so vet took him off for some spot test but it is all ok no diabetes.
Tick removed from ear and tick tool bought. Vet is happy for him to have a previcox here and there to sort his leg while supplements kick in obviously of it doesn't improve he will be going back for a check up.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn and all to come later. Oo yuk Lynn horrid things. Just fed the birds with an assortment of food so I hope they are happy now. Tyto ok after a weird moment first thing this morning. Staggering a bit. I think it is just one of those brain things that he has been diagnosed with and it didn't make him function properly because he wasn't concentrating on what he was doing. He is ok now. They like giving us frights. Ah well the sun is shining and I have blitzed the house so off out for a wander round our green with his lord ship. Have a good day all. Lynn any sign of a moving date yet? Sue you must be getting excited now.?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Not yet brenda still waiting for our local searches to come back. We have been told Tuesday and we then have to make sure the snagging jobs have been done to before exchange of contracts then sorting moving date. Beginning to get a bit excited.
Glad Tyto has picked up.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Pleased Tyto is now better but they do like to keep us on our toes

Good the vet visit went well and they agree with what you want to do Lynn.

Hope you are not feeling too bad Moyra.

Yes Brenda getting excited now and so must you as not long for you either. Had long chat with son last night and last minute things ordered from Amazon to take. As usual all left to the last minute and one thing might not get delivered until after I have left on Wednesday but hey ho.

Lovely and warm here today. Have been out to get a new strap for Barry's camera(s). He could have ordered on line but wanted to see it first. Home and now cooking lunch.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Today has been a nightmare! Dad took his car back to get the mot pass, the car died on the ramp...I told him to mention to the mechanic the other day about it struggling to start but nope! They are off on holiday tomorrow so we went to tax his sports car...2buses didn't come and 1 had broken down and there was allegedly an accident. Got to the post office... really rude people and then they couldn't do it as it was sorn. So back home to get the v5, I went to a different post office on my own, wanted to use a credit card...they couldn't do it, I ended up putting it on my Debit card. Went to get the bus back....2buses missing, I rung and asked what the problem was...a bus is broken down and traffic! So I said I called 2 hours back and was told the bus was broken down, are you telling me that you haven't sent another bus out....nope, so I went absolutely nuts lol. The woman I spoke to is the one I am certain gave out Steve's new number to his ex, if I can ever prove it,god help her...I will have her done for breaching data protection
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2018, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Today has been a nightmare! Dad took his car back to get the mot pass, the car died on the ramp...I told him to mention to the mechanic the other day about it struggling to start but nope! They are off on holiday tomorrow so we went to tax his sports car...2buses didn't come and 1 had broken down and there was allegedly an accident. Got to the post office... really rude people and then they couldn't do it as it was sorn. So back home to get the v5, I went to a different post office on my own, wanted to use a credit card...they couldn't do it, I ended up putting it on my Debit card. Went to get the bus back....2buses missing, I rung and asked what the problem was...a bus is broken down and traffic! So I said I called 2 hours back and was told the bus was broken down, are you telling me that you haven't sent another bus out....nope, so I went absolutely nuts lol. The woman I spoke to is the one I am certain gave out Steve's new number to his ex, if I can ever prove it,god help her...I will have her done for breaching data protection

Gosh that all sounds horrible, you are younger than me so hopefully you can handle it. I would have had several heart attacks by now My whole motivation every day is to try and avoid situations like you have had to day. I suppose I am lucky having only one car and a very good garage, even so I still find getting all the paperwork together for the annual tax and MoT a pain

If you are home right now I think a nice relaxing drink and some extra tasty snack of your choice is called for If you are going out tonight then a quick visit to your local to let all the regulars know what a terrible day you've had. If I was there I would get a round in for you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Got to the post office... really rude people and then they couldn't do it as it was sorn.

If I can I always go to the post office in the next village, there's never any que and the lady who runs it has two lovely GSD's one of which is always behind the counter. I bring a small treat with me and she jumps up, puts her front paws on the counter, and takes the treat through the window, there's only a six inch gap but she turns her head to reach it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Had long chat with son last night and last minute things ordered

Sounds like communications have improved since your last visit
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Tyto gave me another fright this afternoon. Lame on back leg so massaged it and he moved OK after. Then found he had been nibbling because of grass mites so germolene on sore spot and anti histamine to stop itch and then he wanted his treats which is just a few dry bits of his normal food. Then he settled and is now asleep. Hope Dillon is better tomorrow. Night all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >