Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2018, 07:38 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 4th October.

Good Morning all. Trust you and your four legged friends are all well. Hope Dillon is much better this morning.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Dillon seems well in himself thank you Moyra but the limp is still worrying. Decided to walk him only got out of the front door and as far as the gate onto the drive and decided to bring him back he was limping quite badly.
Didn't fancy being out on my own with him. Vet tomorrow for his check up re: water infection may mention the limp or continue for a few more days with his supplements it comes and goes.
Found a little lump on one of his ears last night we had a look wondered if it might be a tick seeings as he stuck his head in some long grass yesterday.
Looking at it again this morning not sure that it is it looks like a skin tag very similar in colour to his ear and still the same size if a tick I would of thought it would be bigger today.
Will get vet to look at that tomorrow to.
Other than that he is seeming to do well.

Harvey yes I do worry to much think I worry about the house being left in the state we bought it in. I know we aren't and that we are leaving it 80% better than when we purchased and all major bits working unlike us who had no boiler and toilet for weeks at a time.
I think it had more of an effect on me than I thought and I cannot get past that time and worry even 5 years on and worry our buyers will pick up on little things that are of no significance in the scheme of things and want some sort of recompense.
If I had known then what I know now about macerators should not be the only means of bathroom and toilet in a property we could of possibly sued the pants off our sellers 5 years ago but we had not the inclination or energy to do that and just got on with it and put it all right.
So I shouldn't be worried but I will worry for a while.
How's the packing going Sue ?
griff hope the car is sorted Steve is doing better on his new route and that you are not feeling to unwell form chemo yesterday.
brenda hope yourself and Tyto are well.

Well housework and grooming the dog ready for his vet visit at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Morning Moyra, Lynn and all to follow. Lynn know how you feel about leaving a house with problems after you have put so much effort into making yours right for the next buyer. Our house was so bodged that we had to do all sorts to make it safe. Hope your next house will be very good for you.
Have just taken Tyto out in the car to see how the car went after not being driven for a week or so and also to see what Tyto would be like getting in the car. He struggled to get in but was ok getting out and then getting back in again as he obviously thought about it properly. Went for a little walk round our local recreation ground and got very wet feet, me more so than him, even with proper shoes on. Must have had a leaky sole. bg!! Must remeber to chuck shoes and wear boots next time as the ground is very dewy.
Hope Dillons limp goes quickly. Do you think he has trodden on something and got a thorn or maybe hip feeling sore? Sometimes an uneven gait can make the hip out of alignment and cause a limp. Does he kick back when he has been to the loo? Hope he feels better soon. Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Morning all
Awww, hope Dillon is soon 100%
Lol... Brenda, I hate getting wet socks, can't bear it
I am o.k thanks... just very tired, the car is going back to be looked at, Steve hasn't done his new route yet, it's ridiculous, he drove the car so couldn't take the route in and now hasn't driven it and as he has his shifts until Saturday not doing it this week. Loads of drivers are going to leave, they have changed the shifts and the hours are longer for no more pay
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Morning brenda glad Tyto soon picked up getting in and out of the car. sorry you got wet feet yuk that's horrible.
Dillon has always kicked back. We have checked paw for foreign objects several times and nothing in there seems to be coming from his joints. He has an unusual gait anyway due to his distal rotation on back paw but he is definitely not moving well on the front right at the moment.
Can't make up my mind about the thing on his ear will get vet to check it tomorrow and she can remove if a tick. Not dealt with one many years then it was cats. Never had one of my dogs get them till now possibly ?
I will buy a tick tool tomorrow in case he picks up anymore in the future although we won't let him stick his head in long grass in the future if possible.
griff glad you aren't feeling to bad and sorry about Steve's situation at work certainly not ideal.

Dillon had a nice groom now having a break and watching wanderlust then will dust and hoover and wash floors. then more catch up till time to do tea for when Gorden arrives back. Only in for the day today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I will buy a tick tool tomorrow in case he picks up anymore in the future although we won't let him stick his head in long grass in the future if possible.

Unlikely to be a tick. They are most common just after the winter, they hibernate in the soil. In our previous life we would have temps of minus 20 they can survive that as soon as the snow started to melt they would be a problem and one time I picked eleven off Rianna By the Autumn there are not so many about. Like you say the long grass is where they might be especially if there are sheep or deer in that location.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Do hope you can get some help for Dillon's limp and the lump on ear is nothing serious

Don't worry about the house Lynn they have had a survey done so any problems should have been seen. As for the macerator as long as it is working on the day you move then it is down to them as you will not know what they have done whilst using it.

Pleased Tyto managed to get into the car ok once he thought it out

Hope you can manage a rest this afternoon Griff.

Busy here today. Monthly shop done so enough in for his lordship and I do not have to rush out on my return Then to a garden centre for some free Christmas lights and also to Dunelm to get some cushion inserts as I found mine had fallen apart. Covers ok so a cheap remedy.

Hope all are well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Lynn sounds like shoulder muscle to me then. But I am probably wrong. Losos Tyto picked his ticks up when he had them in the play park near the New Forest heathland and it was rabbit ticks. Yuk.Off to watch old Corries. Have a good afternoon peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Hahahaha...no rest,my dad called, was I going to joint the patio?? Errrrmmm no plans to... well 2hours lying on cold slabs rubbing in joint mix... great fun, if he complains I may well bury him under it lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2018, 01:57 PM
No sheep or deer that I am aware of Harvey where he would of picked it up if it is one.
Thanks Sue just ordered some serrapeptase to see if that will help with his joints it has amazing reviews for that and lots of other things to. Human,dog,cat and horse. Really not wanting to put on nsaids yet. I do know the day will come due to his elbow dysplasia but would like to keep him off them as long as possible.
Or just the odd one here or there if needed but not full term yet.
griff last thing you want to be doing is lying on cold concrete.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >