View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Phil - you will have to post a thread about all the different wood! I wouldn't know where to start

Tawneywolf (and everyone else) how much wood do you use a day and how often do you have to fill it up? Is it a pain?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-11-2013, 02:29 PM
This is an interesting read on Aga vs Rayburn: http://www.tradcookers.com/agaray.htm
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes I do have to keep putting wood on, its not like in the films where they throw a couple of logs on and its still blazing away hours later. It is FREE though, main thing in my mind, I DO NOT PAY. They like me at the wood place because that means they don't have to have the skip emptied so often, and the lads in the workshop like me because I empty the scrap skip that they have to empty into the main skip, well if I empty it, one less job to do, so we're all happy
Absolutely freezing here now, been out to bring another sack in that was in the car and I'd left up the path and the rain is coming down, not quite hail though, Mabs came out with me, got to the gate, turned round and went straight back in, its lovely to have the fire blazing away on a night like this, can't beat it. Babies are in a pen backing onto a radiator, so they're happy, I'll have a hot bath in a bit, and its all FREE, all I have to do is go and fill a couple of sacks up, 20 minutes of my time is all it takes.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Azz, yes it is the 15kg size bags. Apparently the wood I was using burns faster, (think it was a silver birch casualty), you don't want to use pine because it spits but I have used the cones as firelighters. There's a rhyme somewhere about which wood to burn.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi our next door neighbour has got a new log fire,but because there house is over a 100 years old,the walls are stone and doesnt retain the heat,so they did a lot of research and have bought a fan which sits on the log burner,and blows the heat from the burner all over the house even upstairs,originally they were retailing at over £250 but now they are coming down in price well under a £100,there house isnt a cold house any more,and they do not have to huddle in one room to get warmth,as the heat is spread out all over the house Gemini54
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8