View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I'll just be glad when we can all uncross our fingers and toes - I'm getting cramp!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Ooooops! Sorry, didn't I tell ya's

WE ARE OFFICIALLY HOMELESS!!! WE HAVE NOW EXCHANGED ON OUR SALE!!!

We might not be homeless by the end of the day though coz e-mails are still flying about, and I'm trying desperately to get that bit of paper onto my solicitor's desk coz she says she STILL has time to exchange on our purchase before the day is out!

blimey, I think even SHE is gonna need a lie down when she gets home tonight don't you!! Maybe a stiff drink is more her style!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Malka has just summed it up,

Congratulations on being homless H! hahaha never thought I would be saying that
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Congratulations!!!

The hardest part is selling so you've got the worst bit over with
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Congratulations.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:41 PM
....and at 22 mins past 5 my purchase couldn't be done because.....I was on the phone and my solicitor couldn't get through to me!!!!!! GRRRR!

The problem at 5 o'clock when we went to exchange was the fact that we weren't happy with the completion date which was on the contract as "before or ON the 11th May" which I wasn't happy with at all when she had said she would now do the 4th the day we move out. We ummed and arred about it me and the solicitor, it's not ideal, but it's better to go ahead. Then I got to thinking, I'm in a cravan (maybe) with no landline, no internet access, not even on our mobiles, so how on earth would I be able to do all that I have done today for a completion, book a move on a day I didn't know yet, book the utilities, on a day I didn't know, it's all so vague, so this COULD turn out to be fate stepping in for me.

I've now p*ssed her off good and proper coz she mailed me to say why it couldn't be done today, so the estate agent of hers is now phoning her to try and calm her down! Apparently she has to pay £80 on Monday if she wants to complete before a 2 week period and she says in big letters that she's NOT paying it! I e-mailed her back to say what if WE paid it if SHE would actually commit to the 4th? I haven't heard back yet.......
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:48 PM
At least you have some leeway with the exchange going through before the sale. Imagine if exchange and completion were on the same day

Worst comes to worse, you will be in a position to exchange on Monday (if not tomorrow morning?)

For the sake of £80??? Is your seller mad????????????

Good grief - no way would I risk the sale of my house at the 11th hour for the sake of £80
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
At least you have some leeway with the exchange going through before the sale. Imagine if exchange and completion were on the same day

Worst comes to worse, you will be in a position to exchange on Monday (if not tomorrow morning?)

For the sake of £80??? Is your seller mad????????????

Good grief - no way would I risk the sale of my house at the 11th hour for the sake of £80
Yeh too right!

Wow....
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2012, 05:01 PM
They (whoever they are) say that house buying is one of the most stressful things in ones life. It certainly is in yours. I do hope things start to get a bit easier for you, even if you are homeless. Have you ever thought about writing a book - The Dos and Dont's about House Purchase. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to write a chapter on murdering the prospective purchaser. I really hope things have quietened down and things will progress more smoothly.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »