View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:35 PM
OMG I can't believe this!!! I've just rung my agent, he's being bombarded with telephone calls from 2 solicitors, they wanna go, go, goooooo and NOW and it ALL stems on this stooopid woman's answer which we cannot get!!!

I have just rung her agent to tell him to ring her and NOW!!!

Exciting stuff huh?!!!!

He said if she says no, then it'll all go pete tong coz the people 2nd down from me are renters and they have to get out and we will have to go into B&B oh heeeeeelp!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Hopefully the sense of urgency will shine through and she'll think carefully about whether or not it's worth risking her sale for.

Everything crossed yet again H
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh Lordy Chris, ya never told me it was gonna be quite this bad did ya!!!!

I've spoken to my solicitor, she doesn't want us to exchange UNLESS she can do both together which is understandable, coz she said if anything goes wrong with this purchase, we are in effect homeless in b&b Yeah, I know, BUT, we have our little caravan don't we and I can offer my guest for that week a free holiday if I tell her she can't come for that week, and the furniture can go into storage, coz I've already rung them to ask about that. I'm adamant that we WILL exchange on our sale tomorrow and move out of here on the 4th coz Dave has said he'll kick her out and we will squat up there anyway until completion coz it's empty lol!

Oh blimey, I'm now sitting here waiting for a phone call back from her estate agent to say she is going to accept the 4th, BUT, I suspect she's conveniently "OUT" don't you!!!!

I'm gonna need a stiff drink by the time this lot's over with and I don't even drink lol!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Oh Nechda - will nothing ever go smoothly for you? ! I am getting to the stage where I am half scared to read your posts now!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Well, bearing in mind my dear old mum has definitely had a hand in all of this, I bet she's looking down on me now, having a right old laugh, coz she knows how I just thrive on all this stress and excitement - life in the fast lane for me Grandma, always has been and always will be

I've just rung my own estate agent up now and he's going to ring her agent to gee them up too (the other agent I spoke to has gone for a long lie down.....a very long one!!!)

Waiting on the phone now then.......inbetween chucking the ball for Zena in her pool
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Why not say yes it can be the 11th but that you will only offer X-amount for moving on that day you will need to charge the extra costs incurred and take them off the price of the house. I.e. The fact that no one is in your van cos you are, the storage costs, any extra work travel incurred etc, OR you can leave it as the 4th, everything just as is...?

It might not be much in the grand scheme of things but why should you lose out and just maybe it will make her realise that it will cost her to move dates..?

Basically your solicitor would need to add a sort of clause in there alongside the 'you have so many weeks to get anything fixed by the previous owner' bit, type of thing?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Blimey. Puts me off even thinking about moving.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh jeeesus I'm totally cream crackered now! My agent said he couldn't get hold of hers, and I've still received no reply to my e-mail to her either.

I've just mailed my own purchasers because I was told that IF the 4th is not completion date, then their buyers will have to pull out, which in turn means, our buyers would have to pull out, all through the fault of this woman. So I wanted to put their mind at rest, that I will keep my promise I made at the start and completion day would be on the 4th May come rain or shine and they have come back to me thanking me for keeping that promise and we are expecting to exchange on our sale tomorrow.

I have also e-mailed my solicitor ready for her arrival tomorrow morning, stating that we are going ahead with both exchanges tomorrow, our sale for the 4th, and as she wants the 11th if she won't change her mind, then at least to exchange that contract too, so that she cannot drag this out any longer than the 11th and we don't have to live in limbo in a caravan for longer than a week (it's not that bad really lol!). Surely she will be able to do this seeing as her solicitor has said the 11th is the date she wants? The problem being, I think she might have lost the plot, or be in hospital or something coz she was getting very stressed, which could mean, if we don't exchange, we could be stuck in that van with all that money in the bank and looking for another house to buy which we don't want.

I know what you're saying Natalie, but in all honestly, this little place is a real snip at that price, we wouldn't find another one as good as this for that price, plus all the money we've already spent on a surveyor etc. we wouldn't want to rock the boat by asking for her to pay our costs or anything like that, we'll just have to grin and bear it. We just want that house, no other will do, and whether we get it on the 4th or the 11th I don't care, but we must get it all stitched up tomorrow.

At least I will sleep tonight after my own purchasers e-mailed me back to say it's a goer for tomorrow, that's a big relief,especially as this house is now half empty and I'm surrounded by lots of big boxes!! Poor Zena, she doesn't know what's going on, but at least she's been getting her normal walks and I've been regaining a bit of sanity whilst out with her!

Today's stress was a bit toooooooo much though, roll on tomorrow, gimme more!!!!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Well I hope all goes well doing the paperwork for your new place tomorrow and then as you say at least it cannot be dragged out any longer. I think its different here, not until you sign the dotted line and pick up the keys is it yours but I remember seeing something on tv about the way you guys do it and its yours as soon as the papers are exchanged or something, I cant remember, think it just confused me tbh! Hey it may be stressful but at least your one (big) step closer tomorrow!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:54 PM
If its any consolation you seem just as stressed as I get moving, though of course, I tell myself next time I will be all organised which also means laid back and it will go smoothly....so maybe next time....AYE RIGHT!! lol I like to think it but I so wont be...lol
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »