Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:22 PM

Our House Sale

Well, our buyers have been hanging us on a thread for the past 2 months almost, because they had lost the sale on theirs, and although at the time, with it being Christmas, and with Dave wanting to sell his workshop, it suited us.

However, Dave has now got a prospective buyer for his workshop, which meant if it goes quickly, we can't live here, coz we just couldn't afford to risk it, with him setting up on his own, it's a big house, with hefty old bills, so yesterday, I gee'd up the agent and told them to tell those "buyers" of ours, that they have until the 3rd of March when I can empty the spare bedroom of the stuff for my holiday caravan, and then it's going back on the market, BUT, not with them, with another agent! It certainly worked, coz I've just had a phone call from them saying our buyers have now accepted a lesser offer on their property (one which they were reluctant to take), but it is a cash offer, which means they would want to be out very quickly, and would we be prepared to move quickly and not get stuck in any chain. So I told them, we can move out tomorrow, coz we can buy another caravan on Beauport where I have my holiday van, on the very plot next to it which is currently empty (and has been waiting for me for almost 3 years now!!!). This will be a brand new van, fully furnished, very modern and chique, so we won't mind spending most of the summer in it, whilst all our house money is stuffed in the bank, and we can take our time to look around for exactly what we want over in that area, and snap up a bargain coz we too will be cash buyers - perfick!!!

I told you it would all fall into place, fate has such a wonderful way of working in my favour, I'm one of life's lucky peops when it comes to things all sliding nicely into place. I will sell most of our furniture coz the cost of storage just won't warrant us keeping it, and we've already done the minimalist bit when we extended, and our recliners are falling to bits, so we can start afresh with all new, except for the beds, and that includes Zena's! Oh what fun, living in a caravan for 6 months or more, we'll be trailer trash at last!!!

Better start packing then!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Wonderful news. Trailer trash

It will be a caravan of impeccable taste Mrs Bucket. Room for a swimming pool and a pony.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Trailer trash.....

Hope it all works out Aitch xxx

Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Brilliant news. These things always seem to have a way of working out. THe same thing happened to us when we sold our house and business. Good luck. x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I put our big dining room table and chairs in the local rag on Saturday for £500 and Dave said you must be joking, people can go and buy one on tick for £10 a month, and those that can afford to buy outright, won't want 2nd hand, so I'm wasting my time Well, I've just had a phone call from a nice lady who's coming round at 4 o'clock to look at it and I know she'll love it and will hand over the dosh!

I have rung the caravan park, and he said if I slap down a £500 deposit on that plot next to our existing van, he will secure it for us for one of their new vans, and if we don't sell the house, he will give me the deposit back!! I doubt that, but he said he promises he will,hmmmm! Oh what a life hey, living in 250 acres of forest park, peace and quiet at last, no stress for poor old Dave, he can set his business up with all the time in the world, and it won't cost £2500 a month to be there, just the annual plot rent of £3500, no bladdy council tax, free water, gas on tap, electricity at £30 a year, oh this is gonna be fab, I might even want to stay there forever!!! Yep, trailer trash will suit me down to the ground!!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Brilliant news Helen!! I am not jealous at all of you living in that wonderful QUIET park! Count me as one of your first visitors!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Sound brilliant! Hope it all works out well for you all, H. All the best. xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Result! And when you do buy another house you can rent out the second caravan too! You might end up owning a whole caravan park one day.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Yay! Brilliant news

Helen
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:26 PM
That's a brilliant plan Glad it's all going well for you.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »