Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Hubby's from Northumberland... his folks since upped sticks to move to the Isle of Skye.

For me - Somerset - around Cheddar and the Mendips area, used to work at a boarding school there and it was the best 2 years of my life and I loved it there.
I like Northumberland a lot, but have to say I am very jealous of your parent-in-laws new location. I have seen lots of Somerset on the TV, but never visited. It is somewhere I would definitely like to visit in the future.

Originally Posted by mcv View Post
To be honest i wouldnt move from where i am now.
I live in the country, in a small village,about 15mins from the nearest shopping town. My children have their friends to play with, and go to a small local school ( 80 pupils) we have lovely walks for the dogs.
we live in the middle of both sets of parents ( 20 minute drive) there is very little in the way of crime and no antisocial behaviour.
Theres only one thing id change and thats to have a little bit better weather not too hot just nice days with a gentle breeze, but hey you cant have it all
Sounds like it all is pretty perfect for you, which is great. Can't ask for much more than that
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-04-2011, 08:26 PM
id move somewhere im away from socity and can farm everything i need to live
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Mid Wales!

I have been looking at houses all over the country as we are trying to move, I looked at a pretty perfect house in Cumbria and thought I would really like it as I was born in Cumbria, but it just didn't appeal to me, it was so barren.

I love the forests and green hills in Mid Wales, South Wales and North Wales just aren't the same.

If the houses weren't so ridiculously expensive I would love to stay in Shropshire though, as it a beautiful county.
wyrd where abouts are you?? cant be too far away from me.. what do you call rediculously expensive?? our neighbours house is on market for £160 ish, compared to alot of places i dont think this is too bad
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I like North Essex, Suffolk, Cumbria, and Wales! lol

Jersey ain't bad either!
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Egypt!! So much to do and great weather.May get homesick for rain/snow ooooh actually winter in lapland and summer in Egypt would be my alltime perfect life......you've got me all nostalgic for my fave places now
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I like Northumberland a lot, but have to say I am very jealous of your parent-in-laws new location. I have seen lots of Somerset on the TV, but never visited. It is somewhere I would definitely like to visit in the future.
I had to laugh - the MIL was on about wanting a nice photo of the island for above her mantlepiece... till I pointed out that since she had two windows in that room that looked out across the loch to the hills, why didn't she get a mirror and use the view of the landscape she had (plus reflect a bit of light back into the room as well)? She's going with the mirror option lol.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by steve78 View Post
id move somewhere im away from socity and can farm everything i need to live
The dream life for many I would suspect!

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
I like North Essex, Suffolk, Cumbria, and Wales! lol

Jersey ain't bad either!
LOL you will be easy to please then
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Egypt!! So much to do and great weather.May get homesick for rain/snow ooooh actually winter in lapland and summer in Egypt would be my alltime perfect life......you've got me all nostalgic for my fave places now
You like the two extremes then Very hot and then very cold

Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I had to laugh - the MIL was on about wanting a nice photo of the island for above her mantlepiece... till I pointed out that since she had two windows in that room that looked out across the loch to the hills, why didn't she get a mirror and use the view of the landscape she had (plus reflect a bit of light back into the room as well)? She's going with the mirror option lol.
Oh don't .... not fair!!! (but great idea!)
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I do indeed
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
The dream life for many I would suspect!

LOL you will be easy to please then

My OH just looked over to my screen and spat out his coffee at your comment I am quite a simple person! Easily pleased. But actually quite fussy

Wales is lovely. Lots of mountains and hills, and horsey too. It is also CHEAP! but weather is a bit wet compared to here in Essex!
North Essex and Suffolk are lovely. Lovely walks, horsey but expensive
Cumbria has always appealled. Maybe due to peoples pictures!
Jersey- Well apart from being very expensive, it has lovely houses and beaches. OH is also from there. And you can't forget Jersey royal's mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Weather is warmer and sunnier too than the mainland.

North England/Midlands/South West/Scotland etc has never jumped out at me to live there lol I don't like cold places (unless there is snow!) or very warm places as I hate getting a tan (but thats ok 'cos I am Asian with a natural tan ).

I have already lived in US and Canada, and would prefer to keep those as a holiday place, rather than a home. National parks and wildlife are amazing though! Never forget opening the front door and seeing a racoon on the doorstep

OH on the otherhand wants to move somewhere warm and sunny with a much more laid back lifestyle- Madagascar/Carribean/Parts of USA etc
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >