Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:07 PM

If you could move ...

anywhere in the world, where would you live?

This is easy for me. I have always adored the Western Highlands and Islands of Scotland, so would move to my own hill farm up there if I could. Although it would be excellent if the midgies that live there in their millions moved out first please
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm torn. On the one hand I'd love anywhere with a nice sunny year long climate. I'm one of those people thats gets depressed by dull horrible grey days (like today) so to wake up to sun and heat every day and be able to eat breakfast outside really appeals.
On the other hand I love the country side. I love the smell of a forest so to live in the country with wide open spaces and lovely forest walks would be lovely too
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh, Scotland definitely!

When I win the lottery I intend to have a nice big house, surrounded by acres of land, with a river and woods in Scotland, with the nearest neighbours miles away

Not that I'm antisocial or anything
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
I'm torn. On the one hand I'd love anywhere with a nice sunny year long climate. I'm one of those people thats gets depressed by dull horrible grey days (like today) so to wake up to sun and heat every day and be able to eat breakfast outside really appeals.
On the other hand I love the country side. I love the smell of a forest so to live in the country with wide open spaces and lovely forest walks would be lovely too
I do agree a little about the weather Berger. I would love to be somewhere with decent weather (not too hot, but just nice ) all year round, but would still opt for the Highlands I think ... even though it rains ALOT

Surely there must be somewhere (abroad) where you could have both of your requests? Nice weather AND lovely countryside
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Oh, Scotland definitely!

When I win the lottery I intend to have a nice big house, surrounded by acres of land, with a river and woods in Scotland, with the nearest neighbours miles away

Not that I'm antisocial or anything
You can move in here when I move out (to the Highlands) as it sounds ideal ... oh, except our house isn't big ... but we do have the reservoir in front of it and a lovely forest nearby, as well as no neighbours and there are acres and acres (14,000 to be precise!) to walk in

Seriously though, whereabouts in Scotland do you have in mind? (Obviously Glasgow won't fit the bill )
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:24 PM
The trouble is, lovely countryside usually needs lots of rain. Living in the Lake District has sadly emphasised this sad fact.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Somewhere warm, but somewhere progressive.

Why are all the progressive countries cold!?

I wish the UK was warmer - great country, crap weather!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:29 PM
You can move in here when I move out
I shall hold you to that!

Seriously though, whereabouts in Scotland do you have in mind? (Obviously Glasgow won't fit the bill )

I don't mind, as long as it is remote. I like being near the sea, but if not, there must be a lake or river. I am happy with desolate, ar well as pretty. As it all depends on a lottery win, I've not narrowed it down much further (though I do have a look in Country Life now and then!)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:34 PM
The trouble is, lovely countryside usually needs lots of rain. Living in the Lake District has sadly emphasised this sad fact.
So true. I used to live in Cumbria too

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Somewhere warm, but somewhere progressive.
Why are all the progressive countries cold!?

I wish the UK was warmer - great country, crap weather!
I do know what you mean Azz. For all its faults though, I do love the UK.

You can move in here when I move out
I shall hold you to that!

I don't mind, as long as it is remote. I like being near the sea, but if not, there must be a lake or river. I am happy with desolate, ar well as pretty. As it all depends on a lottery win, I've not narrowed it down much further (though I do have a look in Country Life now and then!)
Plenty of wide open spaces in Scotland that you don't tend to get in England any more unfortunately.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Either my very own desert island or the Lake District Bit of a difference I know.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »