View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Send some pigeons up here please - we don't seem to have many at all I love pigeon - yum!

Well done Nicky! A good result for your youngster.
Nuash GSPs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi All
Thanks I was very proud of them both because I have their dad Bart.

I an HPR working test there are normaly 4 tests

1. A hunting test
you are given a piece of ground to hunt your dog on sometimes its the same bit of ground for every dog sometimes it is fresh ground for each dog. You have to work your dog into wind and show its hunting sometimes there will be caged game for it to point. there was not on sunday and there oftern isn't for the puppies.
the ground we had on sunday was very rough and tuffty which I think is why we only go 26 out of 40 as Boo has only been used to the open flat ground of Lincolnshire, also I have a badly sprained anckle so I was being very slow and careful and I think Boo was coppying me.

2. A water retrieve

For puppies is it a seen retrieve from water but the puppy must swim. The retrieves get more difficult as you move up the classes.
Boo has only been swimming 3 times so he was a little hesitant to go in he did and did retrieve the dummy but the judge only gave him 10 out of 20 which I thought was a little hard on a puppy.

3. A seen retrieve on land
This is just what it says but the test gets harder as you go up the classes and in higher classes it maybe a blind retrieve ie one the dog has not seen .
Boo got 16 out of 20 for this as he dropped the dummy just before he got to me he did go back and pick it up and bring it to me but sometimes he holds it so gently that he does drop it.

4. A memory retrieve
his is were you walk your dog at heel off lead to a marker sit the dog throw the dummy the walk back to the judge with the dog at heel then when told send the dog back for the dummy.
This was Boos best bit he got 19 out of 20 I think he dropped the 1 point because at the moment he brings the dummy to me but doesn't sit and present it.

Hope this has given you all an insite to the HPR working test.
anyone is welcome to come as a spectator to these events so if any of you want to come watch one you would be welcome
Nicky
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks for posting that Nicky, it sounds like there are a lot of similarities in the working tests

I'd love to see a HPR test and see a dog point, I'm yet to see it, but I know there is a Vizla working group somewhere in the New Forest, might see if I can tag along one weekend to a working test and watch
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I love pigeon - yum!

You can eat pigeon ?!?!?!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Wood Pigeon yes, I have never tried it, but I know a LOT of people that really love it.
Dawn.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks for explaining the HPR working test Nicky - sounds great ... would love to watch one.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Of course! It's delicious! I do it in a tomato sauce with pasta.

Helen
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2