Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2016, 06:46 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 21st July

Good morning all, don't want another day like yesterday, it completely knocked me out.

Griff, I hope you too will feel a lot better today, I hate to see you suffering so badly. Do look out for yourself and please eat properly.

Hi Lynn, I hope Joel's leg is progressing ok and he is ok in himself.

Could do with a thunderstorm to clear the air. Harvey hope Lara settles in ok, does this mean the other little fellow goes back today?

Have a good day everyone, stay cool and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2016, 06:59 AM
Morning Moyra and those to follow. I have installed a new to me virus checker. Free and from bt. After yesterdays shennanigans with bt things seem to be better this morning. Fingers firmly crossed and touching word all things being equal.
Have a good day all off to mow the grass if it is dryish now after the heavy dew on it. And people seem to have gone to work so don't want to wake them up with it making its usual racket.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
Very muggy here just back from walking Dillon. We had a storm last night and it has started to clear the air but not that much.
Good luck grass cutting brenda.
Looking forward to hearing about Lara joining Harvey.
Joel still in bed but his leg seems to be getting slower it is going to be similar to my hand it will need looking after for quite a while.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow - do hope that things are better all round for the Dogsey members - some of whom have been having an undeserved bad time of it, for one reason or another.
Get that mower going Brenda, those neighbours of yours shouldn't be in bed at this time on such a lovely morning - perhaps with a tape of the Ride of the Valkyries playing in the background. That'll get 'em up.
Weather here is glorious, lovely clear sunshine without the oppressive heat of the last couple of days.
Have a good day all, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2016, 07:15 AM
Good morning Lynn - just cross posted with you. Hope the heat isn't too much for Dillon, it doesn't bother my lot but there again they are an entirely different build. Have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Morning Gordon.
Dillon isn't to bad with the heat if I walk him early he does want to go out but is usually panting when we arrive back and needs a rest/s along the way.
Has a few short spurts of energy during the day but mostly lays and conserves energy. I think the humidity gets him more than the sun to be honest.
Brushing every day with a good undercoat brush and keeping that down as much as possible.
On the whole dealing with the heat very well better than I expected. I wondering what the electricity bill will be as we have a fan going sometimes two all day most day at the moment. Might need a mortgage to pay the bill.
How are you feeling LG ?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone.
Brenda my son cam around last night and went through my computer. He said my problem was that I had far too much unwanted stuff downloaded and that I should clear all that I didn't want. So that is what I spent my evening doing yesterday! I have AVG antivirus installed on mine.
Lynn, hope Joels hand improves. I can't imagine what Dillon is like in this heat. Pepsi was proper poorly yesterday. Didn't eat, couldn't settle,just kept wandering. She is much better today now there is a bit of a breeze.
LG hope you are well, my how we miss you when you are not around
Well it is the dreaded shopping day today so I may be back later!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 09:07 AM
As LG said, a lot cooler, beautiful day, sun is shining, bit of fluffy cloud, lovely and warm, t shirt weather, but comfortable. Girls umbrella already up and everywhere cleaned and disinfected, fresh bedding down. Will do a tip trip after walks to keep the flies at a minimum. The council have recently handed out new (smaller) bins, as I didn't have one anyway the storm of protest has washed over me, and I am thankful I have one now. Tip trip still necessary, bags can now be stored in the bin out of the way at least, especially in this weather. We've got rain forecast here later in the afternoon. Car is going for a wash and hoover out this afternoon as I've done all the picking up of large items, and the tip. Will be at the garage with it Monday morning for the MOT, work done on it and resultant bill
Have a lovely shopping trip, Nippy, and I'm sure there's a carvery with your name on it for later
I'm not looking forward to the electric bill either, Lynn. Then I think about the vets bill for a dog with serious heat stroke and think its cheaper. If mine haven't been in their cool room for an hour I switch one fan off and leave just the tower fan on. Keshi usually stations herself between both fans and turns round every so often and the others lie where the breeze catches them. If the room stays empty for longer than an hour, both fans go off. Hoping Joel's leg heals well, if it's very deep it will take longer, as you know from your burn. Does he have another hospital appointment for a check up.
How are you feeling now Moyra, keep rested as much as you can manage to.
I think Nigel must have mowed half the gardens in the village by 10am yesterday, Brenda. I was out watering my baskets about 8.30 and he arrived shortly after that. I saw him going up the farm track, home, when I was on the tow path a bit later on. I wouldn't worry about noise after 9 am. If I know Jeff next door is on nights I am conscious of that, but he says once he's asleep nothing wakes him anyway
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Lol TW, we are going out this evening. The pub around the corner from us has a "steak night" on a Thursday so we thought we would give it a try.
I will report back later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Thank you Nippy jen and enjoy your shopping and hope the carvery finds you.
Agree June ver bill would be a lot higher and no guarantee they would survive and probably wouldn't.
I am looking at the cool coats may invest in one lots of Bernese owners are using them this year.
No more hospital appointments but has a DR. appointment here Monday afternoon they will put him on the temporary register so if he needs more treatment for however long he stays he will get it. I would be surprised if he is signed off Monday.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >