Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-09-2012, 11:43 AM

Activity Register Name - suggestions?

At some point in the next few Months I'll be registering Max on the Activity Register with the KC, so I need help with ideas for a KC name!

Things in my head so far for Max, to be somewhere in the name are perhaps

Maximillion
Aslam (yes, a little cheesy, but my life likes to call him that)
Amaethon (celtic god of luck - Lady was Black Amaethon because she came over from Ireland as part of an abandoned litter at a roadside). Would be nice to have celtic name in there.

Other things that may help naming - he came from the Western Isles, he can be a charmer when he wants and is a big sook!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Amaethon Aslan?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Trials secretaries are going to love you....................
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Trials secretaries are going to love you....................

the best one was the judge reading out the KC name when she won one......
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Just be prepared for the AA jokes..........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
At some point in the next few Months I'll be registering Max on the Activity Register with the KC, so I need help with ideas for a KC name!

Things in my head so far for Max, to be somewhere in the name are perhaps

Maximillion
Aslam (yes, a little cheesy, but my life likes to call him that)
Amaethon (celtic god of luck - Lady was Black Amaethon because she came over from Ireland as part of an abandoned litter at a roadside). Would be nice to have celtic name in there.

Other things that may help naming - he came from the Western Isles, he can be a charmer when he wants and is a big sook!
Nick, I've never really understood the way KC names are derived and I still don't know if you can work out the parentage by knowing the name, but that little matter notwithstanding I really like Maximillion even better might be Maxibillion or even Maxitrillion Are you allowed to give him your name, might not be much if it's Smith, but if you've got a really nice Scottish name e.g. McGregor then a dog called Maximillion McGregor really has a 'ring' to it don't you think

Sorry not much help

ETA:-
Ooops just realised it's probably McMechan so Maxilillion McMechan would be good in my opinion.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 06:46 AM
KC registrations don't allow you to use your surname when naming dogs, I had friends whose name was King they were refused when they tried to use it.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Just be prepared for the AA jokes..........
my wife says she doesn't like AA

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Nick, I've never really understood the way KC names are derived and I still don't know if you can work out the parentage by knowing the name, but that little matter notwithstanding I really like Maximillion even better might be Maxibillion or even Maxitrillion Are you allowed to give him your name, might not be much if it's Smith, but if you've got a really nice Scottish name e.g. McGregor then a dog called Maximillion McGregor really has a 'ring' to it don't you think

Sorry not much help

ETA:-
Ooops just realised it's probably McMechan so Maxilillion McMechan would be good in my opinion.
I've never understood it either, but there are some very interesting names on the catalogue at a trial

The up-side of having a dog where you don't know the lines is it's a blank sheet when deciding the KC name....unless you can't fill in the blank!

Still like the idea of having Amaethon in there somewhere

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
KC registrations don't allow you to use your surname when naming dogs, I had friends whose name was King they were refused when they tried to use it.
Thanks for that, wasn't sure, guess that rules out MM instead of AA
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 08:21 AM
My lot are all M & M's!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
That's a shame, it would be much better if you could use your name and I think it would help others, still I never have (and likely never will) have much to do with the KC.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >