Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
One of the gamekeepers up here has seen my Moss (BC) hunting, working cover and flushing and said he would make an excellent gundog. I am sure it can be done. I know of a GSD that has been trained to the gun.
I could see Stumpy loving that...being scared of the noise of the gun is a pretty major drawback though
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I could see Stumpy loving that...being scared of the noise of the gun is a pretty major drawback though
Just a bit
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-05-2009, 03:14 PM
What about frisbee
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Jed isnt toy orientated and gets bored very easily. He'll play a game for a short while then wanders off to do his own thing.

Training a non gundog breed for gundog work has come into my mind because Jed would make an excellent substitue for an English Pointer. He's excellent on scent, often better than Flynn but he's far too fussy to pick game up so wouldnt make a good retriever. He is also gun shy so maybe I should sell him to a falconer!

Having said that, since I wrote my initial post, Jed has carried on with his agility and has been like a different dog. He's eager, fast and literally launching himself over the jumps so maybe there is hope yet!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2