View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:18 PM
You only have to look at our grey squirrells to know what a great job we do when WE interfere Leave things alone imo!
Yes and thankfully we are righting the wrong, mass culling in place and our native Reds beginning to fight back.

It's strange that it's only the hunting fraternity, the chicken keepers, the sheepfarmers, who seem to KNOW that foxes are like this??? i.e. they kill anything in sight??!!!
Probably got a lot to do with the fact that those that dont agree with it choose not to learn anyting about it, you said it yourself Helena, it doesnt affect you.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't support the mass culling of squirrels , they are here , they were brought here by British people , they didn't ask to come here and now we have to accept they are here to stay
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
autum watch is on now
Lol I know, but I'm a bit bussssyyy!!!!! I prefer Spring Watch anyway
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Thankfully, not down here it's not Dawn??? Mass culling of grey squirrells Another thing I didn't know then Maybe I ought to move down the town hey???!!!!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I can not believe that anyone would say that the ONLY way the 'control' foxes is too get lots of people on horses and chase them with dogs?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes obviously THAT is the only Humane way?!!!!! ERMMMMMM??????????!!!!!!!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes... apparently and this is the 21st Century???? I thought we'd moved on from killing everything out there to keep us entertained plus filling our dinner plates didn't you?! Perhaps not then Just the fox remains now then for extermination (sp?), and maybe the badgers too if they see fit, not forgetting the grey squirrells that we put here in the first place.

That's a point! I wonder how they intend to cull all the badgers IF they get their way??? Maybe bring back the hunting ban they imposed perhaps??? Maybe gas them all, or maybe send in the dogs and enjoy the bloodbath there coz they don't have the fox hunting???
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
The lesser of the two surely is a quick death for the fox.... or are you saying they should not be killed at all!

The hound will kill in an instant....the same way any dog will they break the neck with one snap and shake..

Yes the rest of the pack will then join in and rip the fox to bits.... is it any different than say , your GH/Lurch er catching a rabbit and killing it instantly.then ripping it to shreds.

Foxes are a menace, they are not fluffy bunnies, they kill for the fun of it... not to stay alive....ask anyone who has lost livestock from foxes... the carnage they leave behind.
yeh ive seen them in tescos and even though they are selling tesco value chickens at £2 they turn there noses up! but maybe thats cause they put them up to £3
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I wonder how many foxes are killed by horse and hound hunts in one year? Does this warrant it being called culling? I don't think so!! Still very much against it
spot
Dogsey Veteran

28-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Foxes are a menace, they are not fluffy bunnies, they kill for the fun of it... not to stay alive....ask anyone who has lost livestock from foxes... the carnage they leave behind.
So foxes have a sense of humour now? Foxes do not kill for fun they kill what they can when they can - if food is in abundance they will kill to cache the food, they also have very good memories, for when they come on harder times.

Amazes me we can put a man on the moon but not lock up our chickens safe.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
I can not believe that anyone would say that the ONLY way the 'control' foxes is too get lots of people on horses and chase them with dogs?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes obviously THAT is the only Humane way?!!!!! ERMMMMMM??????????!!!!!!!!!!!
Who said it was the only way to control them? Cant find any reference to that?

Thankfully, not down here it's not Dawn??? Mass culling of grey squirrells Another thing I didn't know then Maybe I ought to move down the town hey???!!!!
Think you'd be surprised if you did a bit of research you'd find a whole new world all around you. (dont mean that to sound patronising either )

Just one small article.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai...quirrel110.xml
Up north of course, but they are wiped out down south because of Greys and Pox, still with these culls in place, there is much hope.
Page 5 of 94 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 55 > Last »