View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ulsterbabe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi before i explain their meanings i would just like to say my football mad husband named our dogs!

Heskey - Emile Heskey who played for liverpool fc

Toran - Is after an irish league football team who are called Glentoran.
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
When I heard the name Mi Mi, I just fell in love with it, I actually saw it in a baby book first. So when I started thinking of what her real name could be MIA just worked perfectly.

My second dog that I just got today, I decided to Name KI KI because it rhymed with Mi Mi!!! so naturally her real name is KIA
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Marius is named after Marius Pudzianowski who is (or was anyway at the time of naming) the Worlds Strongest Man! We thought it was a nice name for a Rottie

We followed this theme by naming our Conure Tito after Tito Ortiz who is a UFC fighter lol, this was because when we first got him he was a little sod and nipped you until he drew blood, now he is a doll though and very tame!

I can see there needs to be less testosterone in this house! I will have to name my next dog fee-fee trixybelle or something similarly feminine!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by chihuahualover View Post
When I heard the name Mi Mi, I just fell in love with it, I actually saw it in a baby book first. So when I started thinking of what her real name could be MIA just worked perfectly.

My second dog that I just got today, I decided to Name KI KI because it rhymed with Mi Mi!!! so naturally her real name is KIA

My nick-name is Mimi!!:smt002
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Piper- her name was skipper when I got her, which I just didn't think sounded very feminine, not really sure where I came up with Piper, but it fits her because shes now known as "hyper Piper"....alot of people ask me if I am a fan of the show "charmed"which I do love now, however, had never watched until people started asking me that, when I watched it the first time, it was a bit surreal because not only did I have Piper, but I also have a rabbit named Paige.

Cheech and Chong- They are "Cinco de Mayo" babies, I wanted to name them something that went for a matching pair, and something also with a little bit of "hispanic-ness" to it...so that's how Cheech and Chong were named!
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Jasmine/Jaz - I'm not sure how I found it, but as soon as I heard it I wanted it as the name of my first dog, which would be a tricolour cavalier. I had everything planned.

Esther - Liked the name

Nym - Named by her breeder, we got her at 11 months. I think shes named Nym because her show name is Sea Nymph.

Mia - My brother fancied Liv Tyler! Mum wouldn't let him have Liv so he suggested Mia (Liv's sister!)

Lola - Her showname is Copacobana, we looked up the lyrics and what was the first line? Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Jadie - Cos thats the name she came with!!
Josh- because he looked like Josh of Casualty ( i know I know)

And
Jack because there was a lad at the place we got him from called Jack and my then 2 year developed a tiny crush on him and refused to call the dog by any other name! it just stuck so we call him Black Jack or oi *****!!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
nick because todd (our old dog) - dad was called nick

sam because nicks dad was called sam (sam actually turned out to be a samantha

and millie becuase it suits her - either millie, pippa or kate

so when i picked her up and looked her in the face i said millie - it suited - so there ya go!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Jack was Jack when we got him and we liked it, so we kept it, but apparantly he was named after his previous owners favourite tipple Jack Daniels so we sometimes call him JD
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Jack was Jack when we got him and we liked it, so we kept it, but apparantly he was named after his previous owners favourite tipple Jack Daniels so we sometimes call him JD
my friends dog is called jd - hes such a sweet little guy!!!

Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »