register for free

Dog News

Boxer Bucket List

Terminally ill boxer dog ticks off all his 22 bucket list wishes before dying… and his steak dinner and ride in a police car were the favorites
Owner Riina Cooke compiled a Bucket List for her pet pooch Romeo
The nine-year-old boxer was diagnosed with inoperable bone cancer
Miss Cooke, 32, said she wanted to make the most of his last days
The pair completed the 22-point wish list, which saw Romeo enjoy a 'pawicure', steak dinner, ride in a police car and doggy massage.

http://dailym.ai/OfbFIY

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Warming story - it's nice to see owners care so much about their dogs. Interesting how we approach things differently tho - when Rocky was given 3 to 6 months, I went the opposite way - no 'cakes' or fast food, but everything was anti-cancer. He battled on for 11 months, so it was worth it... and he still got all the love he could have ever hoped for - even managed to share my bed!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Nutter! How on earth would she know he wanted to go for a ride in a police car.
When Syd was diagnosed with bone cancer I didn't have time to do anything but say goodbye as I was told it was amazing his leg hadn't already snapped as the bone was so thin. He was always a pampered dog anyway so wouldn't have had a bucket list. Live today that's our motto.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Miss Cooke, 32, said she wanted to make the most of his last days
So she really was doing it for herself - not for her dog.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Nutter! How on earth would she know he wanted to go for a ride in a police car.
Have to agree, sounds like it was "her" bucket list for her dog , how can anyone know what their dog would like ot do before it dies !!
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Well, we all walk in different shoes don't we, and I wouldn't presume to judge her. It gave her an aim and doesn't seem as though her dog suffered in anyway because of it, maybe he even enjoyed it eh?

Motive:
"She said: 'I was just so upset for the first few days, I needed to do something to occupy my mind."

RIP Romeo.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top