View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ace_Animals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Rawhide - how do you get it out of carpets?

Ok, here's a question for y'all!

My two dogs have rawhide on a fairly frequent basis. It isn't an issue at the moment but before we moved house in 2007 we had a real problem trying to get rawhide "stains" out of the carpet. Back in our last house the carpet was a deep browney/red colour so it showed up the rawhide "stains" brilliantly. When we sold the house and was doing our final "tidy-up" it came to our attention just how bad the carpet was on close inspection. It was dotted with little specs of essentially rawhide that'd dried on. We ended up just leaving it in the end.

In our new house we currently have a 1970's throw-back style patterned carpet in the living room which is fab for hiding all sorts but obviously we do plan on changing this at some point to something more tasteful. (If I have it my way it'll be beige and cream throughout the whole house so still shouldn't be a problem for showing rawhide up ) BUT if the other half gets his way it'll be a deeper coloured carpet in the living room. So my question is simple - is there an easy way to remove it once its dried?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 09:31 AM
i have deep coloured carpet and the only way i have found to get rawhide off is to scratch it off with either a stiff brush or your nails.

the only way around this is to buy a cheap rug and teach the dogs to stay with their bones.
Ace_Animals
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Drat, I was hoping someone would know of a miracle product or something! We started picking it off with our nails in our last house but soon gave up! Oh well, shall stick to the tried and tested method when we (eventually) get round to changing the carpet. Mind you, it is a good reason for the hubby to give in and let us get a beige carpet!!