Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Any Dream Will Do!

Well, I have just had the most amazing two days of life, so far! Where do I start?!

After a bit of a dodgy start to my trip with regards to train delays and changes, I eventually got to London after a short delay.

The hotel I was staying in, Strand Palace, was just a minutes walk, literally, from the theatre where I was going to see Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat on Thursday night.

I decided that after I'd dropped my bag off at the hotel, that I would go and hang around the Stage Door of the theatre in the hope of meeting Lee Mead! I meet a few really nice people there who I got chatting to. We had not long after that discovered that Lee had already arrived at the theatre and was clearing out his room as tonight was his last night as Joseph! His parents were packing their car with loads of his stuff including pictures, flowers and presents he had received.

So, me and a couple of other ' Meadettes' decided to have a drink in the bar across the road as were freezing as it was so col! I couldn't feel my feet by that point! We had a couple of champagne cocktailes which were fab, and watched the stage door in the hope he'd come back out, but he didn't! We seen his shadow at one point in his room! No, Becky, it wasn't the cocktails talking!

We also had a laugh with some of the guys who play Joseph's brothers!

Then, after a chat it was time for the show! I was completely mesmerised by the whole show. It was fabulous and one of the best shows as have ever been too, not least because Lee Mead was in it! It was magical. He came out from the back of the stage on a moving stand, like a cherry picker stand, as it was called, and then at the end of the show came out above the audience with the colours from the coat attached to the stage! It was incredible and wonderful!

After the show I had been told of the scrum that happens outside the theatre after most performances. I ran as fast as I could to get round to the front and managed to bag myself a place in the front row! That was just as well as there were literally hundreds of folk there! The doormen and security got the theatre cleared and made sure the barriers were in places, before Lee made his appearance.

He soon appeared and said hello to everyone. When he came over to my end I told him I'd travelled from Glasgow just to see him. He said "oh have you really?" and asked me did I enjoy the show! I was almost speachless and all I could manage was "er, yeah!". I couldn't believe it and got a quick hug and peck on the cheek from him! I'd have had a photo with him when he came out the back to go home if some girl pressed the camera button right down! She was faffing about and he was being ushered in to his waiting car and had to go. Fair enough though!

He gave out a few signed cards, and I was lucky enough to get one!

Here are the photos up to this point, it was freezing so I'm glad he had his beanie hat on!

Scrum

Here is the card he gave me from his very own hand! And my poster from the programme that I asked him to sign!

I decided to stay another night in the hope of getting a photo with him, and to see the show one last time with Lee as Joseph (his last night was tonight!). I managed to keep my hotel room for another night and got my train ticket change to today. I also managed to get a better seat for last night's show than I did for Thursday!

I then met up with a few of the pals I met the day before, including a couple of new ones. I was lucky to get my photo with him, so my lurking paid off! And one of them offered to take the photo for me, which was very kind of her. Lee was in a slight rush yesterday and seemed slightly harrassed but he stopped for a quick photo and autograph session, one of the two photos he got taken with only two people was me!! I felt so lucky, and still do. I'm over the moon!

Here are the photos from last night!

Last nights show was even better than Thurday nights, if that was possible! And I could see every one of Lee's facial expressions from my seat in the stalls, G16.

I didn't bother with the scrum last night and instead went round the back for a wander as he sometimes leaves from there, like he did last night, but he left through the side door as it was mental! And apparently the biggest scrum so far!

So that's me home, knackered and almost bankrupt, but who cares! It was a once in a lifetime moment, probably, and I enjoyed every second of it!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:21 PM
So Glad you enjoyed it and have some great momentoes from your adventure
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:28 PM
oh glad you enjoyed yourself, I am not going to embarass myself and ask who he is ? but am glad you enjoyed yourself and got to meet him !! LOL
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
So Glad you enjoyed it and have some great momentoes from your adventure
Yes, Hayley, I'll never forget it!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oh glad you enjoyed yourself, I am not going to embarass myself and ask who he is ? but am glad you enjoyed yourself and got to meet him !! LOL
Thanks Dani. Oh don't worry, when I told my granda who I was going to see he said "Who's that?". And some folk on the street were asking who were we waiting for.

He plays Joseph in London's West End after winning the BBC show "Any Dream Will Do" to find a Joseph.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Well thank goodness you got to meet him and got a piccie! I can stop stalking him on your behalf, though I will chase up the signed stuff they promised if you haven't already got it?
I did smile at your red nose though, you must've been frozen!

Also just noticed how you've got tight hold of him.... 'Back off ladies, he's all mine!'
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Well thank goodness you got to meet him and got a piccie! I can stop stalking him on your behalf, though I will chase up the signed stuff they promised if you haven't already got it?
I did smile at your red nose though, you must've been frozen!
I haven't got it yet, Becks! I haven't forgotten about it! Who knows what I might get!

I was numb with the cold! It was freeeezzzing! Even colder than it is up here! I was numb from the cold from the knees down, but it was worth it! It's a wonder why hypothermia didn't set in!

He appears from a tax at the side of the road, so at least he didn't have a red nose!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 12:15 AM
wow what great pictures and what a fab time you had

am so pleased for you

aint it fab when they take the time out to make your day
when i met UB40 i had waited 30 years and once on their tour bus i was speechless

but was my dream and they made it come true

Joseph is fab i went to see it 3 times when i lived in London twice with Jason Donovan and once with Philp Scofield and i must say out of all the shows i ahve seen Joseph was by far the best
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 12:26 AM
wow, bet that photo made it all worth while, you lucky so and so x
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic time
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »