View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2008, 09:35 PM

I'm absolutely knackered. (Meat collection day).

I got a phone call from the abattoir lunch time to say that the dogs meat was ready for collection.

Firstly you should know that I had only ordered from them:

100kilo's of lamb, 100kilo's of Bovinae and a 100kilo's of Equidae. Which normally comes in 25kilo boxes, so I should only have waiting for me 12 boxes in total.

But when I arrived, there was 24 boxes waiting for me. Some pratt hadn't read the order correctly and had pack up 200kilo's of each meat.

Well to cut a long story short I told them what the order should be, plus I didn't have enough cash on me to cover all the extra meat anyway, and rather then them taking off the extra boxes they just said that as it was there error I could have them for free.

So I ended up bring home 600 kilos of meat for the price of 300 kilos. and at the price of 40 pence a kilo that's a saving of £120.00.

So Michelle and I just spent the last few hours cutting it all up into meal size lumps and putting six bits into carrier bags and then into the dogs two freezers, and we still had over 150 kilos left that wouldn't fit, so it's been put in my garage for the moment until I can get another freezer on freecycle.

Oh the joys of raw feeding six dogs.

This the lamb. Nice big bits of meat.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Bargain!! Im sure they will enjoy it! I know mine loved Horse meat when they had it, ages ago it was now.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I got a phone call from the abattoir lunch time to say that the dogs meat was ready for collection.

Firstly you should know that I had only ordered from them:

100kilo's of lamb, 100kilo's of Bovinae and a 100kilo's of Equidae. Which normally comes in 25kilo boxes, so I should only have waiting for me 12 boxes in total.

But when I arrived, there was 24 boxes waiting for me. Some pratt hadn't read the order correctly and had pack up 200kilo's of each meat.

Well to cut a long story short I told them what the order should be, plus I didn't have enough cash on me to cover all the extra meat anyway, and rather then them taking off the extra boxes they just said that as it was there error I could have them for free.

So I ended up bring home 600 kilos of meat for the price of 300 kilos. and at the price of 40 pence a kilo that's a saving of £120.00.

So Michelle and I just spent the last few hours cutting it all up into meal size lumps and putting six bits into carrier bags and then into the dogs two freezers, and we still had over 150 kilos left that wouldn't fit, so it's been put in my garage for the moment until I can get another freezer on freecycle.

Oh the joys of raw feeding six dogs.

This the lamb. Nice big bits of meat.

I couldn't let the kids read this Colin, Horse meat they would be a bit horrified and poor silver have to his hoofs over his ear's.

Good bargin though, it will last twice as long.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Must admit horse meat is the dogs favourite meat as that's the one they all eat the fastest.

The good thing about it, is that it only has half the fat of beef and ten times the chloresterol busting Omega 3s.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes youre right, Id feed it all the time if I had regular access to it. Foxhounds look fab on it, never an ounce of fat!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Do you not have a local abattoir you can collect it from?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 10:48 PM
They dont do Horses colin. The "knacker man" I dont trust, he's been in trouble for supplying euthanised meat to Zoo's before now, claimed he didnt know, but he did! I "could" source some via the hunt locally, but its a longish drive so havent bothered.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2008, 10:50 PM
That's a real shame, because it's just so good for them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 10:51 PM
I know, if ever I find somewhere I can get to regularly, Ill be there!
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 11:24 PM
WOW!! Nice bargain!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >