Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:52 PM

ben met a fox yesterday

theres a few foxes near us. and ben met one yesterday. ben went up to it, the fox didnt freak n run just stood there n looked. almost played but changed its mind.
he just went for a walk with my OH and again the foxes where out. bens fascinated with them
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Wildlife are becoming more and more bold these days aren't they? Just keep an eye on Ben for ticks and fleas, foxes are prone to be covered in them.

Now, where's the photos?

Heidi
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 09:35 AM
I dont know what mine would do if they met a fox. We saw one in the distance a while ago and when Flynn caught it's scent, he flew off into the woods to try and find it. I assume they have a different scent to dogs?

With Flynn's track record concerning pheasants, voles and squirrels, i'm not sure he'd have playing on his mind...I dont think Jed would harm it although he may chase it.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Inka flushed a fox out yesterday, poor wee thing looked like its front and back paws had been caught in a trap , dunno if it had just lay down to die and Inki sniffed it out, he didn't chase it, must've known sommit wasn't quite right.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:29 AM
We've got a few around us as we live right one the outskirts of town. I only ever saw one once down by the railway tracks

Bryan looks a bit like a fox so maybe they would mistake him for one of their own LOL
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:14 PM
bens just up for a game with anything thats got 24 legs or 2 hes not fussy LOL
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Foxes suffer from Mange and cheyletiella mite so if you live in an area with a number of foxes hanging around the places you walk your dogs keep and eye on the dogs from the start of scratching.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
Foxes suffer from Mange and cheyletiella mite so if you live in an area with a number of foxes hanging around the places you walk your dogs keep and eye on the dogs from the start of scratching.
i will do thanks.
ben had fun with an old dog he meets up with some time.
also saw a lab, this lab really wanted to play, but his owner just walked him across the field. this lab was dragging back all tail wags.spose his owner had his reasons. but the lab wasnt listening