Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2008, 03:48 PM

Started cavity insulation today

I got a 200 liter bag of styrene granules 4 years ago to insulate the hot water tank, it's great stuff, flows like water and fills up all the nooks and crannies.
I've notice a huge benefit in the hot water since doing it so decided today to use the stuff to insulate the wall cavities.

I drilled a 35 mil hole in the outside wall about 4 feet from the ground and filled a garden watering can with the granules to see how it would go.
It was great, the granules flowed in no problem, in about an hour I poured in 100 liters, it may take a wile to finish the job but I aint doing anything these days so I've all the time in the world.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Best laugh I have had in years when nero phoned me today and told me what he was doing, I couldnt talk, the tears were streaming down my face,,,,,lucky boobah was here at the time, so handed the phone to her,,,,not long later the phone came winging back cos she was weeing herself, tell the truth nero,,,dougies gona come and do it for ya, by all accounts he nearly fell off a roof today when you told him what you were doing lmaorof
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Best laugh I have had in years when nero phoned me today and told me what he was doing, I couldnt talk, the tears were streaming down my face,,,,,lucky boobah was here at the time, so handed the phone to her,,,,not long later the phone came winging back cos she was weeing herself, tell the truth nero,,,dougies gona come and do it for ya, by all accounts he nearly fell off a roof today when you told him what you were doing lmaorof
Ha ha, I just knew this thread would drag you in, that's why I posted it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Ha ha, I just knew this thread would drag you in, that's why I posted it.

Drag me in, ,,,,NO I stumbled in blinded by tears of laughter,,, we should get you your own tv slot, swear to god it would be watched by millions, your priceless x
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Drag me in, ,,,,NO I stumbled in blinded by tears of laughter,,, we should get you your own tv slot, swear to god it would be watched by millions, your priceless x
Oooer, d'ya think I could make cash out of it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Oooer, d'ya think I could make cash out of it.

Your own tv slot, YES, cavity wall NO
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Your own tv slot, YES, cavity wall NO
lol! Come and do ours Dennis you can rent the spare room for the 6 months is takes you to finish it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
lol! Come and do ours Dennis you can rent the spare room for the 6 months is takes you to finish it.

now fays getting intrested,,, six months da nero free,,,,,me think shes at the cartwheels across the bedroom floor,
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2008, 07:15 PM
now fays getting intrested,,, six months da nero free,,,,,me think shes at the cartwheels across the bedroom floor,
Oh you felt the earth move too, did'nt know it would travel that far.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I always new the Scottiish were tight with their money, but that's just taking the pi55.

The only money you are going to make is by selling boxes of tissues, as I've now got tears in my eyes from laughing so much.

Just out of interest when are you planning on finishing it. Christmas this year or next?
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »