Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 08:17 PM
wow food 4 thought. thank you 4 the info
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2007, 07:18 PM
After having my dog vaccinated every year for eleven years and seeing the pain and suffering he went through with all manner of illnesses throughout his life only to die of a massive brain tumour, I would not get another dog vaccinated yearly again, puppy vaccinations and that would be it...I've learn't the hard way unfortunately :-((
MFB
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Thank you for posting this article. I have wondered about annual vaccinations myself. I receive a reminder from my vet every year and trusted that it was necessary but when I lived in Canada (1950s to 1980s) we always had dogs that lived to ripe old ages and if i recall correctly they had vaccinations when they were puppies and then nothing more. When I lived in America I was told my dogs did not need a rabies vaccination more often than once every three years. Now that I am in France I get this yearly reminder. Since we travel a great deal and take the poochies with us along with their passports and vaccination passports, I'd hate to be turned away because I hadn't kept the vaccinations up to date. More recently I did not vaccinate against Lyme disease since I'd heard or read that it wasn't effective so what was the point of spending 80 euros for an ineffective jab? Now I wonder what vaccinations are absolutely essential?
One other thing, our first lab was infected with Parvo virus despite being vaccinated. He was desperately ill and I think pulled through owing to my husband asking the vet to install an indwelling I.V. catheter and then running i.v. fluids into him for a few days in a row. Initially it looked like the pooch would die of dehydration despite having daily infusions in the neck of Ringer's solution, it wasn't enough.
So...so much for Parvo vaccination? Don't know.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Thankyou, most interesting
I never thought but when I 1st got Ben at 8 weeks he had just had his 1st jag the week before and he had an eye infection
The vet just said 'oh yeah lots of dogs at this age have eye infections'
Makes me think a bit more now
He is comming up for a year now - I think I am going to have a long chat with my vet, do a health check but say no thankyou to the jags
Might get him titered in 3 years or so just to see
selvank
New Member!
Male 

28-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Very thought provoking! when our 5 yr old very healthy BCX suddenly died of "cancer" it was too shocking either to comprehend or come to terms with!Where did a cancer come from in a robust & healthy dog?In humans almost always there is a RISK FACTOR which precipitates some form of cancer.When we started looking for answers,one incriminating factor that some people,including a successful vet from canada veterinarysecretsrevealed are pointing out is the MLV vaccine.Catherine is also alluding to the same point. My question is "if there is enough evidence to suggest that annual boosters can cause serious problems like cancers,WHY ON EARTH ALL THE VETS ARE ADVISING US TO GIVE IT TO OUR PETS?why not ban them?Do we have enough evidence to do so?
Dr.K.Selvan
colliewogs
New Member!
Female 

14-05-2009, 10:07 AM
After having my puppy vaccinated at 12 weeks she started to show nuerological distubances.One of her eyes started to flick and after a few months the pupil dilated.The behavioural problems were also a concern as she became very aggressive and would attack me or my dogs for no reason.CT scans at 6 months old revieled nothing abnormal.
I am glad to say that by she did improve and now at 12 months old she is completely normal.
A friend of mine had her dogs vaccinated last week one is showing neurological disturbances and her old dog is in the vets fighting for his life!

I won't be having my dogs vaccinated again as I do believe that they are dangerous for our dogs health.

Mary
carrie.decarlo
New Member!
Female 

17-03-2017, 01:03 AM
Interesting! Reading your article makes me want to know more about dogs! And as a dog owner, I must know it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top