Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 09:15 PM

2008 Brags Thread

Please do share with us how you have done at a show - lots of piccies too please
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Today we went to the Kilmaurs Companion Dog Show in Kilmarnock. The weather was great, very sunny but it was freezing cold!

After the horrible week I've had, this day out was just the tonic I needed. We had a great day, successful too, and the dogs were very well behaved and made lots of new friends, both human and canine alike. Sorry there are no photos, stupid me forgot to take my camera! I'll try and get some of the dogs with their rosettes.

Results are as follows:

Roxy got 2nd in Best Crossbreed - funnily enough, same last year!

Both Molly and Roxy got 2nd in Best Pair of Most Unalike Dogs.

Again, both Molly and Roxy got 2nd in Best Party Trick (my friend came first with her dog!) - they did a wee medley of twists and two paws, including double twists together, although Roxy's head was in the clouds at one point. Or should I say she was attempting to play with a wee Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that was just outside of the ring.

Molly and I got 4th in Dog Most Like Their Owners, due to both of us being very windswept and also that she has white hair and I'm blonde!

My friends dog got placed 1st in Best Veteran, 1st in Best Party Trick and 2nd in Waggiest Tail.

A gorgeous Alaskan Malamute came Best In Show and a stunning Rottweiler took Reserve Best In Show.

What a great day out we all had and came home with a few bags of Burns food and loads of other goodies! Lucky dogs that they are.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Gracehounds - Hot Dog Show - Vogrie Country Park , Midlothian - 29/6/08.

Today , I took Missy to the above show , just 10 minutes drive from my house.
The show was organised by Gracehounds , a charity who rehome lurchers and retired racing greyhounds. They are a recently formed charity , and this was their first show. It was fairly well attended , with around 30 - 40 dogs there , and a lot of spectators coming into the show field from the country park to see what was going on. This show is going to be an annual event.
The classes were split, with seperate classes for sighthounds and other breeds.
The classes were , Prettiest Pooch (for bitches)
Dashing Dog (for dogs)
Veteran
Best Rescue
Littlest Hobo ( Child Handlers)
Gracehound Choice ( dog judge would like to take home)
Best In Show - Sighthounds
Best In Show - Any Other Breed
They had background music playing and all the songs were dog themed , an interesting addition to the show ! There was also a raffle , a prize draw , name the dog and guess how many gravy bones in the jar. The prizes for the draw and the raffle were a week at a luxury boarding kennel , and a session with a dog behaviourist ! There was also a plant stall , bric a brac , cakes and sweets and of course , refreshments.
Missy was being admired all day by lots of people , judges , organisers , competitors and spectators . They were saying things like how beautiful she is , how well behaved , how good with other dogs , how well trained . There was a dog behaviourist there and she asked me if I was a dog trainer and had I owned other dogs ! She was very surprised when I told her that Missy is my first dog and no , I'm not a trainer . We have been invited to join in with their " Agility Sunday " , on the last Sunday of every month , which is a fun agility activity held in the same field as todays show. I'm really looking forward to that .
Back to the classes . Missy was entered in the Prettiest Pooch , Best Rescue and Gracehounds Choice. We got a 3rd in the Prettiest Pooch and have a HUGE , lovely yellow rosette . Here are a few photos of our day , Enjoy .
One of the Sighthound classes

An any other breed class

A parade of the Gracehound dogs

Greyhounds saying hello to Missy , the black white one was BIS Sighthound.

Missy with her HUGE yellow rosette , 3rd in Prettiest Pooch.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi Suzanne,

Really enjoyed reading all about your day out to this show! Sounds like you and Missy had a lovely day!

Well done to Missy for being a great ambassador for her breed and doing Staffies proud. Absolutely brilliant, she's a wee star and I, and Molly and Roxy, are looking forward to our walk together very soon! We must get a date arranged for the next few weeks, or thereabouts.

Well done also to Missy for her 3rd Place in Prettiest Pooch - her yellow rosettle is lovely, suits her!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Sunday 7th September was the Wiccaweys Collie Rescue Fun Day which went ahead despite atrocious weather beforehand - it was`nt muddy, it was `cushioned ground`

The Saturday was an independent Agility competition with lots of classes, and the Sunday classes included Fun Agility, [ judged by some weird woman who was sponsored for the proceedings to wear pyjama`s, luminous pink dressing gown and carrying a teddy bear ], Heelwork to Music display and competition, Obedience, Good Citizens tests, have-a-go Flyball, and 15 companion show classes plus Best In Show

I had time to squeeze in entering two of the companion classes with my Wiccaweys girls Silk and T`Akaya who were placed 4th in Special Dogs, [ dogs with disabilities ], and nearly blubbed at them being placed equal first for Best Wiccaweys Bitch

My dear friend and new Dogsey member Dee was presented with a certificate, fabulous rosette, and title Wiccaweys Dog Of The Year for her wonderful old boy Super Sheppy who made his way to the Bridge recently, he was and always will be much loved and missed by the Wiccaweys community and of course by his soulmate Dee )))hugs(((

Dee and her lovely son Isaac were a tremendous help by coming in the ring with me to handle Silk while I handled T`Akaya, and Isaac dressed up as a Dalek along with Noah, a scrumptious Pointy who my Fluke lived with when Fluke was a foster, they won the Fancy Dress and went on to be placed Reserve Best In Show

Silk is here with young Isaac in the ring

and T`Akaya and Silk with Dee and the pyjama`d weirdo

all the winners in the various classes won a goodie bag, rosette and a certificate, Silk and T`Akaya`s certificates and Dee`s for Super Sheppy are below, then a link to the photo`s of both days at the show which were taken by a professional photographer who is raising more money for Wiccs from the photos

[ To view the shows photos click on the Albums titled Wiccaweys Weekender 2008 Day One and Day Two on the link below ]

http://www.welliesandpaws.co.uk/main.php

Thanks for reading
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Can't resist a little brag, went to Box trees show today & got roped in to srewarding the GSD rally, my friend had brought some friends of his along & the young girl of 20 took my bitch in a couple of classes to make up the numbers. The show should have been on at the beginnning of the month but the ground was a waterlogged bog so we had to postpone it & the numbers were down. Well she persuaded me to let her take her in the main all breed show & she won her class there, with this girl she'd only met today, & then went on to get reserve best in show. I was so proud of her as I was busy srewarding in the GSD ring so didn't even see her win.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Well done to your girly GSD-Sue If you get a chance please do post piccies of her with her rosie, would love to see her
Mina
New Member!
Female 

04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi there!

I've just found this site, and like the Companion Dog section as we do a lot of CD shows and have a really good time!

This year's highlights:
Fred -
Silver Good Dog Diploma
Silver Good Citizen Award (not really CD but very proud of that one)
Some firsts - Best Trick
Best Sit/Stay
Best Crossbreed in an obedience comp (think he was 4th in the lineup)
and a smattering of 2nd-7th in a few other classes, mainly Best Crossbreed as he normally gets placed in that (2nd behind Patch's dog at Cressing if I remember correctly!).
He had Perfect Recall at Cold Wet Nose Show and at the Wag and Bone Show

Beauty -
Our training club has a 'progress test' twice a year. Early this year she came 5th, last month 6th in her class. She misses out on a higher place because she won't do her sit/stay and as she is a greyhound I am not going to nag her about it!
She had one first this year - Best Veteran, was sadly Led Astray at the CWN show but survived Tempation Alley at Wag and Bone show.
She's also had a few 2nd and 3rds at shows, and two Specials.
She is also in a Greyhound Display Team which is really more fun than perfect, but that's what Greyhounds are about I think.

So a good year I think! Next year I am hoping will be just as much fun!

A small selection of photos from the year would have followed but I can't seem to find them! I'll try to upload them when I get a chance to find them.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
You did well Mina, I will look forward to seeing your pictures. I'm a sucker for Greyhouds
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Hiya
I went to Wollaston companion show today.
Pascha my BSD Tervueren Got 1st Most Attractively marked Bitch 2nd Best Long coated 5th Best movement and 5th in AV pastoral / working.
Kered my Moms GSD x BC got 1st Crossbreed over 18inches, 3rd AV Crossbred open, 4th family pet and 4th in Veteren.

Last week we went to a fun dog show in aid of ruff luck rescue
Pascha got 1st fancy dress bitch and 1st prettiest bitch
Kered got 1st Fancy dress dog and 2nd veteren.
I have only just started doing companion shows (since sept when Pascha turned 6 months) I am really enjoying them and looking forward to more next year.