Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Hmmmm, you wouldn't like it up here very much, then
The locals told me when I arrived that the windspeed here is 15 mph over the measured speed at the airport. This means that it has clocked 195 mph in my garden on at least one occasion. As for the noise, I just turn the CD player up a couple of notches and play some Bach (very calming and drug-free). Even the doggies won't go out in it unless they are really desperate (especially when there's hail in it!).

There's no danger from falling trees, as there aren't any trees here, and houses are built with windy weather in mind - strongly!

A Council Director of Technical Services once said "We don't have a wind problem in Orkney - anything that can blow away has already gone!:

Sorry - this doesn't help your phobia much, but, remember that a phobia is defined as an irrational fear of something, and that "irrational" is exactly what it is!

Anyway, cheer up - the weekend is nearly over now!

Snorri
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks Snorri, I think omg I don't think I'd like it in your neck of the woods one little bit at the moment I can't think that this fear is irrational, it seems very very real to me, you see coverage on the tele all the time about storm damage to houses, and how people have had lucky escapes, I just know that with the next gust it could be me and my family ok, breathe in, breathe out, I'm going now before I talk myself into complete panick :smt101 :smt101
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Am trying to send you some stuff just now so hopefully you will get it as yahoo says its too big to send by email

So am trying a different way!!

I would also maybe suggest shutting all your blinds and curtains and the breathing is really good breathe deeply into your tummy. So that when you inhale it is your tummy that rises and not your chest! Do that very deeply breathe in through your nose for the count of 4 (1 elephant 2 elephant 3 elephant 4 elephant) then if possible hold your breath for the county of 4 and then exhale slowly through your mouth making a slow hissing noise.

Away to have lunch but will send you more afterwards

CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks Benzmum, I've recieved 2 files at the moment, I was thinking about pulling the curtains, but thought it daft for the afternoon
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi CLMG,

How are you doing? It's been quite windy round here too, hope you are doing ok! Not sure I really have any advice how to face your fear, but I think it is good to have a healthy fear of natures forces. Hope you have been ok today, take care
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2