Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
wow thats an awful thing to do-finish with someone because of a controllable illness My last partner - finished with me 7 years ago. He was the love of my life and he told me the same. We were together for 8 years and engaged- but he couldnt commit to us living together /sharing a home so he finished it.So I too am cautious and dont think I could trust anyone again. Some male company would be nice but Ive grown to like living on my own
However you never know what's round the corner do you ?
Exactly! I go with the flow and what will be will be.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:12 PM
:smt044
Originally Posted by random View Post
1) For me, sense of humour is a must, and they have to 'get' me, i'm a bit dry and sarcy, some people hate that, can't think why! :smt002

2) They have to love animals, especially dogs. If they already have animals for me to be stepmum to, GREAT! Even better! None of this, 'it's just a dog' crap...Also has to like human children, I have one of them too.

3) I need someone who is a talker, I like chatting and joking and having a laugh, I don't like sitting in silence. I'm not overly gobby, but I do like to converse. I don't like the strong silent type.

4) Someone who likes walking and is not afraid to get his wellies muddy. :smt002 None of this namby pamby smart shoes for every occasion, and getting cross at dog hairs on your jacket!

5) Has to like hugs and kisses and showing affection.

6) Looks isn't such a big deal to me, I do have to find them at least tolerable to look at but I don't need an adonis with a 6 pack, although it would be nice. :smt002

What I don't like:

1) Someone just after sex...

2) A liar

3) One rule for them and another for you. (e.g. They are ok to go out with their pals but don't want me seeing mine, or they can have lots of female pals but I can't have any male ones, stuff like that).

4) Bitterness, living in the past, holding grudges and comparing me with previous relationships. Life is too short for all that. Move on and move forward.

5) the opposite to anything in my 'like' list!

Ok so I guess i'm quite demanding! :smt043

Oh oh and they should preferably be over 25. :smt001
Its a shame Kel ,you dont have the right plumbing for me hun, as you sound like my ideal partner
xxdk
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:14 PM
After 21 yrs of marriage ( I divorced him) I thought NEVER EVER AGAIN, so I stuck to animals, at the time I met PATRICK (10 yrs after my divorce) I had 8 cats, two dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea-pig and 4 fish, He had a great sense of humour, he,s big and strong (6ft and 21 stone) and the animals adored him. Been married 5 yrs, now have 5 cats ( 3 died of old age) 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea pig and still 4 fish,and he still has a great sense of humour, still big and strong and the animals still adore him. That will do for me
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Some people are so shallow hun , that is why im am always causious , of showing my feelings for people , I once went out with a guy who was originally from jamica and moved near where i used to live , we got on very well till i was diagnosed with epilepsy (which is now well controlled ) ands because of this he decided he did not want to go out with a freak as he called it xxdk
That is really is shallow dk, what an ass.

I honestly don't have a lot of faith in men, i've been treated shoddily but I put it down to me just being gullible and letting them walk all over me, but I don't like having to always stand up for myself, if you know what I mean? I don't want to have to toughen up and constantly be keeping a man in check and making sure he doesn't treat me badly, I just want a nice guy who knows i'm a bit of a soft touch but doesn't use that to take advantage of me.

Is there such a man?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
After 21 yrs of marriage ( I divorced him) I thought NEVER EVER AGAIN, so I stuck to animals, at the time I met PATRICK (10 yrs after my divorce) I had 8 cats, two dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea-pig and 4 fish, He had a great sense of humour, he,s big and strong (6ft and 21 stone) and the animals adored him. Been married 5 yrs, now have 5 cats ( 3 died of old age) 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea pig and still 4 fish,and he still has a great sense of humour, still big and strong and the animals still adore him. That will do for me
I wouldnt mind a big strong man myself , cant be doing with puny men , or vain men for that matter , tall dark strong and handsome would suit me lovely , shame he hasnt found me yet , think he is still running a marathon to get away from me xxdk
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
:smt044

Its a shame Kel ,you dont have the right plumbing for me hun, as you sound like my ideal partner
xxdk
Hahaha lol! See us women understand each other!

Men are rubbish anyway, i'm just going to join a convent.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:19 PM
That is really is shallow dk, what an ass.

I honestly don't have a lot of faith in men, i've been treated shoddily but I put it down to me just being gullible and letting them walk all over me, but I don't like having to always stand up for myself, if you know what I mean? I don't want to have to toughen up and constantly be keeping a man in check and making sure he doesn't treat me badly, I just want a nice guy who knows i'm a bit of a soft touch but doesn't use that to take advantage of me.

Is there such a man?
Hopefully there is Kel for both of us xdk
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:20 PM

Can i come too please xxdk
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:27 PM

i thought about turning gay and seeing if i had any luck.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I also went through the "never again" phase after my husband and I separated. He left for many reasons, including "finding my disability too high maintainance" and that my parents were far too over-bearing , and that old chestnut "I just don't love you anymore". D was my shoulder to cry on (we barely knew each other at the time ) and despite me vowing that I was going to spend some time being young, free and single, I totally fell for him
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »