View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 04:46 PM

im thinking off you,hoping you feel better soon,lifes a b itch isnt it,at the moment,xxzbx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:12 PM
You may not believe it guys but I've also had bouts of depression and been on various tablets (not for a year or so though now), but I'm the best I've ever been and I'm sure a lot of that is down to my friends here on Dogsey.

I had also been suicidal in the past but my dogs were what stopped me doing something about it, thats why I find it hard when my family rant on about how many I've got, if only they knew that they are my reason for being alive today.

Some days I've been really worried about things and the support from you all has been phenominal.

What I would like to say is that I hope all of you that are suffering through illness, bereavement, relationship problems and any other horrid things that tend to kick us in the teeth when we're down enough already, start to see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon.

If there is anything I can do to help anyone then please don't ever be afraid to ask.

Big hugs to all of you xxxx
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi,
I think this is a great idea, a chance to let everything out. I've one question, do you let your little furry friends see you upset? I try not too but it is hard sometimes.

Ian
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Hugs to everyone, feeling pretty crap myself at the mo, and try not to drag you all down with my ailments
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:21 PM
hoggett my zb always sees me upset,and you know shes a real help she just puts her wee head on my shoulder and i feel better,they sense your emotion any way,dogs are good at picking up things like this,so he will help you and believe me there nowt better than a doggie kiss when youre down,
scorpio,im glad youre helped by dogsey,me too when tigger was pts the only thing keeping me functioning was dogsey,and patch with the virtual show,i was needed to do something,even though i did go AWOL for a couple of days,im hoping my tablets kick in awful quick or il give myself a ulcer im permently on edge,not good for the ole health,i hope we all feel better soon as life has to be lived,no 2 ways,my sister is in a mental home she tried to commit suicide,(we dont talk)i thought she was bieng selfish she has a 16year old son.
we have to keep brushing ourselves off,but how long can we keep doing it?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:28 PM
I suffer bouts of black depression too It really is awful isn't it, especially when people tell you to 'pull yourself together'... I am so glad I found this forum, you have made me feel so welcome and I am on here so much, learning loads for Jamie! I would like to give you all a BIG HUG! Cos you have made me feel better!! Thanks guys!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi :smt039

I hope you don't mind me posting - I don't suffer from depression but I just wanted to give you all a big HUG in support for what you are going through! :smt052 We all have the odd 'down' time but it must be awful to go through that for prolonged periods. I hope there is an end to it for you all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:40 PM
When I was 15 I was agoraphobic and suffering from depression. That's when I got the first dog (JRT) I owned that was mine, all mine, and she helped a great deal.
It lasted a few years and I was prescribed a valium based anti-depressant.
One day I decided enough was enough, and flushed them away or I had the feeling I'd be on them for years!

Now I'm a totaly different person. I get down days, we all do, but I think talking on here helps. I wouldn't take prescription drugs again, not unless I was really bad and couldn't see a way out.

To me, if life is sh1te and throwing you every problem you can think of you have a right to feel depressed and I wouldn't take pills that would mask it. Clinical depression, etc is different of course.

I did go to my gp earlier this year after losing Mum and when I just wasn't coping. He gave me CRUSE's number and spent ages talking to me. I never used the number, just had it if I needed it.

I'd just like to say to anyone who is finding things tough right now, that we've all been there at some point. Talk to us, we're all here, we've all been through it. If you'd have told me my life would be where it is now a few years ago I wouldn't have believed you.

It's good to talk!

Big hugs to everyone feeling low.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 07:48 PM
If your down about anything, we are all willing to listen.
It doesn't matter how many times you post, talking helps you to come to terms, adapt or just a giggle when every thing seems against you.
I don't really let things get me down anymore, i decied long ago life is to short.
Although i know when your feeling so low, its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope your all feeling better or more positive soon.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hi :smt039

I hope you don't mind me posting - I don't suffer from depression but I just wanted to give you all a big HUG in support for what you are going through! :smt052 We all have the odd 'down' time but it must be awful to go through that for prolonged periods. I hope there is an end to it for you all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can only agree with Lucky Star, as she says we all have bad days when we wake up and are "down", but it must be so tough for you all to be going through as much as you do, I admire you all for being so honest and don't think you are not strong people, from reading a lot of your other posts and replies i would never of guessed you have such bad depresssion. Rant away people, we are hear to listen

Take care of yourselves all of you
xx
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »