Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
does the mini trampoline work?
It's great! Even my husband rates it, and he's well into his exercise. You start off thinking you'll do 20 minutes straight off, but by the time you've done 5 minutes the sweat is dripping off you, and you have to build it up from there It's easy on the knees and hips, good fun, and a great way to get into cardiovascular exercise if you're a bit shy about the gym, or none too confident about running. Just stick on some music (or even the TV!) and off you go
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Here we go Alexandra, I weighed in today:

15st 12lbs - eek!

Better luck next week
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2007, 04:55 PM
okay the steppers are the best fun,once you get the hang of them,I got mine from e-bay,and it came with dvd which does not get used now,am enjoying,singalongs with music channels,you can go as fast as slow as you like,but when theres fast music on,you tend to go with the beat,hahaha hark at me all funky,
have started using hand weights as well now,to tone up my bingo arms,and as I have no co-ordination whatsoever,its even more fun,
beware of dog dribble on your stepper though as they do get slippy,lots of bruises on my nethers to testify to that hahaha,
ooo and for added pain,I found a hydrolic stair machine which a couple used to get fit for mountain climbing,you can die on that thing,i'm telling you,but of course am having ahem"ladies problems,this week" SO I WANT CHOCOLATE AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW
oops spot the spoilt brat,
good luck girls,
Wendy
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 07:34 PM
i cant swim,iv started going to the riding school with the kids,im not riding im teaching,and taking horses up and down the field,could you imagine it were all gonna be skinner,im going to start riding the bike,the last time i was on a bike i was going down the hill at xmany miles an hour and a car came round the corner,i couldnt stop,and near hit the car,and the driver pulled in to watch,laughing his bits off,so im not going down that hill again,so i will be more cautious the next time.good luck girls,and this is great were doing some thing together,we should come on when we can and post the troubles were having so we can have some moral support xx
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Does anyone else find that they struggle a lot at certain times of the day?

Ohh, yes, At about 2:00 pm I really crave ice cream! and at about 8:00 pm I crave cookies.

I'm about 6 stones but my ballet teacher tells me that if I don't loose 10 lbs over the summer I won't be in the nutcracker (this will be my first time in years to not be in the nutcracker), which totally isn't fair. I couldn't possibly get more excersize then I do, So I guess I might have to cut back on the ice cream at some point. I probably won't do a very good job of it, though.

P.S. I hate stair steppers! lol I'm wiped after like 15 mins on em.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Right joined weightwatchers (again) this morning.

starting wt. far too much.

will check in with weight loss next Wed

Good Luck everyone
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by -GreyhoundGirl- View Post
Ohh, yes, At about 2:00 pm I really crave ice cream! and at about 8:00 pm I crave cookies. ....I'm about 6 stones but my ballet teacher tells me that if I don't loose 10 lbs over the summer I won't be in the nutcracker
glad im not the only one with cravings lol. Its not normally a specific food in particular i just crave food! i like eating soooooo much every time i each lately i just want to eat more!

Did i read right though you are 6 stone and you have to lose 10lbs? Dont want to be rude but are you a midget?! Im only small at 5'2 but when i weighed just under 8 stone people were starting to tell me i looked anorexic and asking if i was eating enough! If i weighed 6 there would be nothing of me! (dont worry it would never happen lol i like my food too much! )
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
glad im not the only one with cravings lol. Its not normally a specific food in particular i just crave food! i like eating soooooo much every time i each lately i just want to eat more!

Did i read right though you are 6 stone and you have to lose 10lbs? Dont want to be rude but are you a midget?! Im only small at 5'2 but when i weighed just under 8 stone people were starting to tell me i looked anorexic and asking if i was eating enough! If i weighed 6 there would be nothing of me! (dont worry it would never happen lol i like my food too much! )
this is what i thought!!!! 6 stone would be far to light for someone maybe 5ft 5 ish.!!!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by -GreyhoundGirl- View Post
Ohh, yes, At about 2:00 pm I really crave ice cream! and at about 8:00 pm I crave cookies.

I'm about 6 stones but my ballet teacher tells me that if I don't loose 10 lbs over the summer I won't be in the nutcracker (this will be my first time in years to not be in the nutcracker), which totally isn't fair. I couldn't possibly get more excersize then I do, So I guess I might have to cut back on the ice cream at some point. I probably won't do a very good job of it, though.

P.S. I hate stair steppers! lol I'm wiped after like 15 mins on em.
If you are 5ft tall then you weight should be anywhere between 7 1/2 and 9 stone.

My cousin was 5ft 6 and weighed 6 1/2 stone and was admitted to an anorexia ward (same one as lena zavaroni at the time) so 5 stone anything is drastically underweight for a teen or adult.

I'm seriously hoping that as they don't do stones in the US that you've got your calculations wrong.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
i cant swim,iv started going to the riding school with the kids,im not riding im teaching,and taking horses up and down the field,could you imagine it were all gonna be skinner,im going to start riding the bike,the last time i was on a bike i was going down the hill at xmany miles an hour and a car came round the corner,i couldnt stop,and near hit the car,and the driver pulled in to watch,laughing his bits off,so im not going down that hill again,so i will be more cautious the next time.good luck girls,and this is great were doing some thing together,we should come on when we can and post the troubles were having so we can have some moral support xx
Nah, forget the swimming, they say swimming gives you poise and grace, have you ever seen a duck walk.
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »