View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Ian i strongly advise you to see your GP and get some help .....I would perhaps suggest you found a new carer although you like this girl your care should be professional not based on friendship

BECKY C is the best person to ask on this one

as a carer i have realised in a short time that things get complicated when too many feelings and friendships are involved with personal care ...

Ian ring your GP now ....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
What do I tell the doctor though. Because I suppose I have broken the boundaries by being a friend as well as a client, if you know what I mean.

Ian
you contact your local authority and ask for a new carer
you don't have to say why
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Because I suppose I have broken the boundaries by being a friend as well as a client
errr..... well so has she is she's the so-called "professional" so don't claim all the blame for yourself!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll be honest, I don't want to talk to anyone exept on here, a lot of you have known me for a while and I feel comfortable talking on here. I just want to hide in a corner and shriffle (sp) up.

I don't even want to face the carer that comes tonight but I'll have to.

Ian

Ian
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Ian most of us would struggle to deal with what life has thrown at you and being on your own must make it even harder but please you've got this far, talk to the doctor and get all the help you can. Tell him your not happy taking anti depressants and that if there is a way to avoid them you would rather try the alternatives first. Be pushy you've got every right to get the help you need.
She hasn't decided not to be friends has she? her boyfriend is telling her where to draw the line. Just stick to talking and being friends when she is with you, you value her friendship so there's no reason to cut her off, just try not to pi$$ him off in the process.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I'll be honest, I don't want to talk to anyone exept on here, a lot of you have known me for a while and I feel comfortable talking on here. I just want to hide in a corner and shriffle (sp) up.

I don't even want to face the carer that comes tonight but I'll have to.

Ian

Ian
OK Ian now listen to me .......................

you need care in your home thats already been assesed you have done nothing wrong being lonely is nothing to be ashamed of we have all been there at some point ..

BUT you must find a carer on a professional level thats very important for you health a friendship with who ever that carer is should be easy going BUT should stay professional
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Some great advice. If you do keep her, try to keep it to just friendship when she comes, not by e-mail or text.

Ian if you don't want to chat to someone face-to-face how about someone like Samaritans?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
She hasn't decided not to be friends has she? her boyfriend is telling her where to draw the line. Just stick to talking and being friends when she is with you

thats good advice ...............but if you want someone else then ask
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Ian i strongly advise you to see your GP and get some help .....I would perhaps suggest you found a new carer although you like this girl your care should be professional not based on friendship

BECKY C is the best person to ask on this one

as a carer i have realised in a short time that things get complicated when too many feelings and friendships are involved with personal care ...

Ian ring your GP now ....
I'll ring my GP in the morning, as they are closed now, just the out of hours GP. As to getting a new carer, yes I thought about that but to be honest, they don't do a great deal for me, so I was thinking of cancelling the contract, but I was going to wait until this lass had left, as we still get on but I'm just so shocked about how things have turned around so quickly.

Ian
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:13 PM
no GP is closed at 5pm Ian .............i know that so come on do it now
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »