View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Why do you have to be the one to leave? Don't you have any rights in this relationship? If it's long-term, then you must have some rights, surely?
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh pet I can really feel the pain in your posts. I wish there were some magic words I could say that could take the pain away. I agree with Vicki if she is the one that wants to end it why do you have to leave. You have us lot. You're not alone. Just take it one day at a time xxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Its her dad's house....I have no rights at all.
PLus she has a child.
She's just confusing me, we sit and laugh together one minute and the next she's telling me its not about the fact that we don't have a nice time together, she's just not in love with me anymore.
I'm hurting so badly, all I want to do is curl up into a tiny ball and fall asleep and not wake up again. Nothing I say convinces her to be with me, she just gets cross.
I feel like she must have met someone else, but she keeps saying "no no one else, this is about us".
I don't know what to think anymore.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Well, in that case honey, she needs to give you a reasonable amount of notice to leave. She owes you that much at the very least. If it was me, however, I would get out at the earliest opportunity. The sooner you get away, the sooner you'll start to heal and feel better about yourself. Who do the dogs belong to, and do you have somewhere to go?

BTW, I know you're missing your mum right now, but there's a load of "stand-ins" here that can hug you over the networks xoxoxox
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh sweetie, I wish I could offer you some sensible advice...fact is you're probably just hurting too much at the moment to make sense of anything. Please remember that you are not alone, your dogsey 'family' is here for you, and I promise it will get better. Sending you huge *hugs* and we'll all be here for you.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Yes we are all here for you. However, as you have had a civil ceremony then you do indeed have rights. I'd go see the CAB and talk to them about it. I wouldn't want to be the one to leave. It was her choice to end it not yours. I still think you'd feel better getting an explanantion even if you don't like what she says.
Becky
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 09:35 PM
we're all here 4 you sweetheart
i cant begin to imagine wot you must be going through
try and get an explanation
theres sumet just not quite rite about this
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Citizens advice and don`t rush into anything permanent such as moving out. Have you a friend you can stay with for a couple of days to give yourself some thinking time? You need to get an explanation and know your rights, but you may only be able to deal with this a small step at a time. Don`t just rush and move out. My opinion anyway, also sending huge hugs down the wires to you.

Just want to add most solicitors offer a couple of hours free advice before they take on a case. it might help to know where you stand. my friend went through a marriage break up last year.Maybe someone on here with a legal background could advise more.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2007, 11:41 PM
You do have rights, you went through a civil ceremony with her remember. So I would imagine you have the same rights as any married couple, which means you have rights where the house is concerned for starters. Do NOT be the one to leave, try to be calm - difficult I know - but try and treat yourself how you would advise one of your friends if they were in the situation. Move yourself to another room by all means, but please seek legal advice before you go anywhere. Only cry when you are on your own and no one can see you, take control of the situation now, and don't be talked into doing anything at all before taking advice.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm so sorry for you and I'm not sure if the law, but I thougth civil ceremony's were to protect both partners. I know your hurting love but you shouldnt lose everything,I'd refuse to move till Monday then consult a solicitor.
I know your hurting and wnat to get awaty to heal hun,but you need to protect your rights,
Were all here for you. xxxx
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »