Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
He's got you very well trained to cater for him hasn't he. Dogs wont starve themselves to death you just need to hold out longer than he does!
Becky
I know, I know, I am a soft touch when it comes to my dogs. I put the food down, they look at it and then walk away.....if I'm cooking roast I don't even bother putting food down for them coz they will eat a bowl of what we eat.

My CKCS isn't half as bad as Georgie (sbt x ab) Georgie prefers human food all day long
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Mine get human food occasionally but the difference is, it is not often and they only get it after they have eaten their food.
I don't believe that feeding dogs "human" food is suitable, dietary wise, and have seen all sorts of health problems develop where this has been done.
Bad for discipline, too!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I think by cuttting out the Pedigree chum will reduce the wind. Its way too rich for dogs!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
Wouldn't worry about the lasagne, my girls had left over mashed tattie mixed with baked beans, a sachet of wet dog food and a bio yoghurt each for their supper last night.
Don't think the beans made the wind any worse than usual!
But it always depends what they eat as to how much wind is produced, so guess that will be your answer.

<Whispers> Mine had a bowl of American chicken this morning (chicken with mayo & pineapple) which i didnt fancy myself mixed in his normal food and he was farting badly all day!

I find his wind gets worse when i add different things to his diet and the resulting smell can almost curdle milk...:smt002
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 10:26 PM
I do usually put the food down and leave it for about 15mins, what he hasn't eaten gets taken up and that's it.

He gets fed all different wet foods, but I always feed Purina one, which he does eat, and enjoy. He also enjoys Butchers Choice in the foil trays, but he goes off that quickly too.

With regards to the tum, he never has the runs, it's just a case....well a very bad case of wind.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Steve;879598
I find his wind gets worse when i add different things to his diet and the resulting smell can almost curdle milk...:smt002[/QUOTE]

Well you wanna come and smell Georgie then Steve, this would make your hairs curl
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Jorja farts phenominally when I feed her Brussel sprouts - any other green vegie is fine.

Even she doesn't want to be in the room when she has the sprouts!

I have even had to leave the house, with her in tow when she got the sprouts.

Never again.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by ozmutt View Post
I have even had to leave the house, with her in tow when she got the sprouts.

Never again.
hehehehehehehehe
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2