View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Another one of mine with Cassie, is when I'm stretched out on the sofa and she's laying next to me on the floor, if I look at her and she's laying on her side, she reaches out her paw to me, which I take hold of, and all her claws come out and she squeezes my hand with them and won't let go!! Awwwwwww, I love her to bits that dog!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
i have to say my special moment is every day when i get up in mornings and recieve loads of cuddles and kisses frm my three girls . that to me is the most precious special gift of all . the feeling of being loved by an animal is very special to me as there my kids as i dnt and cant have any .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Same here dollyknockers (lol! I typed dollyknickers there!!!) mine are my babies too, I never had any kids either.

When Cassie hears me stirring in the mornings, in she comes, reaches over the top of the bed (she's too old now to jump on it!) and plants just one lick on my lips! I know,but I could think of worse awakenings!!!
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 09:25 PM
mine has to be thr greeting i get when i come home after a night shift,i have lots of loves and kisses and i wouldnt give these morning up for anything.
Dreama1205
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2007, 09:04 PM
yep, same here...

it's how henry greets me when i come home...you can see it in his eyes that he's missed me every second i've not been with him, even if i've only been gone 5 minute's he greets me like he hasn't seen me for weeks! bless him...

...and another one is whenever i feel down-in-the-dumps, he's always there by my side to cheer me up.
mariasmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2010, 11:42 PM
when we go on a long walk and hes off the lead, i love how he waits for me without being asked or how he nudges my hand with his head as if to say this is so much fun.
but more than anything i love his eyes when hes all dopey at night time,he gets up nudges me for a quick cuddle and makes grunting noises.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 06:56 AM
What a charming thread, thanks for resurrecting it mariasmutt. Sad to think some of these dogs have now passed though ;o(

I have two special moments that stand out.

When my husband goes out to do the morning week walk, he shuts the bedroom door while I snooze some more. When he gets back Woody apparently comes up and lies by the bedroom door waiting. Neil then makes me a cup of tea and brings it to me. He puts Woody in a sit and wait and opens the door. Then he says 'go on'' and Woody charges on the bed, pushing himself into me for cuddles and kisses.

The other one is after each meal, breakfast and dinner Woody comes up to me, pushing his face into mine and licking his lips. It's like he's thanking me for his food.

He's a very cuddly dog, I just love him to bits!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I think it's got to be when my hubby gets up and I'm on a day off and having a lie in. He goes downstairs to let out dogs out for a wee then I hear thundering footsteps up the the stairs. Then all 5 of my fur babies fly into the bedroom and get cosy with me!! Holly the greyhound is especially cuddly. I usually then fall asleep with them and wake up with them all in the same position but with Holly gazing into my eyes nose to nose with me. Precious!
God I love dogs!!
xionax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2010, 08:34 PM
the first time my puppy was off the lead on a walk.

i was walking back from the doctors and asked my mum to come meet me with Tilly ( my 1year old tibetan terrier).

i could see them walking towards and i rang my mum and tell her to let tilly off the lead (bit off a risk as she was still young and untrained).

i called Tilly and it felt like something you'd see in a film in slow motion, my little tilly just recognised my voice straight away and ran straight up to
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Great thread, reading all these posts has maid me teary eyed, and aso reinforces why we all love our dogs so much.

Luchi is almost 7 months now, a couple of the many things that touch me about her are:

1. In the mornings when I let her out of her crate, she lick lick licks, her whole body in overdrive giving the best greeting she possibly can, (which is q. full on with a 36 kg pup) and all the time making lovely chuff noises as she breaths out through her nose. I open the door to let her into the garden for a wee, and she has to come back to me again and again, and again until I walk out in the garden with her. Then she has her wee.

2. I go to the loo, gone maybe 2 minutes, pup is there saying, where did you go, you were ages, I must greet you again.

3. On walks she will not let me out of her site, and always runs back to me, bumping my hand with her nose, it is so lovely, like a mutual touch base, and then off again for more doggy investigations.

4. She is lying in the garden, I go outside and sit close by, she runs over, like it is the most wonderful thing that I have joined her.

Love Dogs.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >