register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Hi H, the 3 main ones are fish body oil, Vit E & Vit C. Fish body oils are the omegs so you should give vit E with it as well. I`d give the first 2 along with the synflex

Heres a link with things that can help, you can always swap things around if you don`t see an improvement. Different things work for different dogs.

http://www.dogaware.com/arthritis.html
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Sorry H, been thinking, seeings tho Teagans had a few ops & probs I`d give her the vit C as well as the other 2, not only for creaky bones but for her immune system. And if you could I`d boil a whole chicken till the meat falls off & feed her some liquid each day for a couple of mths. You could freeze it & just take some out each day
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks Christine
We will go with Fish Oils, Vit C and E, and see how that goes! (Aswell as keeping on with the syn-flex and echinacea)
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 09:24 AM
I give fish oils, vit E and Ester C (easily digested form of Vit C), glucosamine & chondroitin (combined capsule). It's a wonder the dogs don't rattle when they walk
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
So do all these things actually help the bones to stop clicking?
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

07-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Barney has quite bad HD and we get a supplement from the vet called Seraquin it contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin and Turmeric extract - he will never be cured but there has definately been a big difference in his clicky hips infact they hardly ever click now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2