View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Lets hope dad doesn't change back griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Lol...I shall record him saying it...is a bit worrying as it's out of character
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Griff, I would love to go to Monkey world. Maybe I shall get there one day.

Lynn, I have got him looking on his iphone at Beccles and where the bungalow is. I told him he could give up the tiling and go back to the gardening business he was in before tiling. We could also think about getting a small boat for him to do fishing trips if we could get it within budget. I wont go overboard on this bungalow but of all those I have seen over the weeks I have been looking this has been the most ideal so far.
We shall see.

I just hope everything goes swimmingly for you too Lynn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Harvey, since you didn't say anything I take it there was nothing in your local paper? How's Casey coming on? I hope he is continuing to improve.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Evening everybody thanks for all the good wishes for Michael and Maca felt funny saying goodbye from Mark and Laurens as it possibly the last time we will see him for awhile. He has said he will be home for christmas as usual. We are hoping to get to London as Mark would like to say goodbye properly and Joel also before they leave properly.
Talk about news for all of us so Michael and Maca and Madrid, Mark got a job he went for a month or so ago in Huntingdon (Wickes). Operations/assistant manager much nearer to home more money and a trade he knows well and us putting the house on the market. We hope our long goes as well as theirs.

We had a lovely afternoon and the dads got spoilt.

Sue glad you had a good holiday and Moyra good luck with the bungalow. Will take a look in a while.
Maybe your sister is up there pulling the strings into the right places for you all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Maca got confirmation her place of work will transfer her and they move on the 7th July.
Will miss him but seeing how London is now will feel he will be safer in Madrid

Wow that's quick, but if it's what they want then good luck to them. I agree with you re. London. The son of my landlady went out to Spain in 1990 and has run a successful hotel and bar ever since, Joan went out every year for a holiday. It's not at all unusual for married children to share with parents, not only in Spain but all over Eastern Europe as well, and it takes the pressure of the housing market so there is not the situation we have in UK.

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
except for my original raspberry bush which seems to be dying in parts. Will have to see if any of the fruit ripens and then cut is right back and see what happens.

This is exactly what happenbed to ours, SWMBO said I hadn't watered it properly, it's still in the pot, but parts have brown leaves and stems, that usually means they are dead doesn't it There is fruit on it 'tho.

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, since you didn't say anything I take it there was nothing in your local paper? How's Casey coming on? I hope he is continuing to improve.

Sorry Moyra, this week there was absolutely nothing not even the huge mansions that rent for £5K a month
If that place in Beccles ticks all your boxes then I echo what others have said - Go for it - I don't know Beccles too well but have been there a few times, nice town.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Been in the garden most of the day, apart from the mandatory walkies with Casey & Lara.

I keep it down to 20 min. max now and if there is a cool place to rest we stop, Casey will lie down, sometimes he gets up Ok but occassionaly he seems to want to stay down for a long time. Today I was getting a bit worried when a regular walker with two dogs came along, Casey was up straight away he knows them and there's never any problems. Some human walkers also came by but he didn't get up for them

Hope you've all had a good weekend see you soon
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Evening all. Hope you are all well. It's been a quiet day for us now that the family have gone back over the pond. Max has been a bit subdued - I think he misses the three-year-old wee boy. They got along and we were worried about the size difference.........

Rained a bit here today and a bit cooler. Good for walking.
Excellent dinner. Mesquite chicken and dauphinoise potatoes. My dear wife can cook.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 09:23 PM
Awww Harvey, I would be a nervous wreck , do you have someone who could come and help if Casey wouldn't get up?
Moyra...I have only been to monkey world once..my mum has a slight obsession with monkeys are gorillas
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2018, 11:29 PM
Good evening, or should that be morning everyone.

Harvey, I bought a pad that I could put under Sam's belly, velcro along the back when I brought it round and it had a handle on top. I took it on all his short walks before they finally stopped and it allowed me to lift him back up and support him if he needed it until we got home. Some are massively expensive, but this one was only a few quid on Ebay. I threw it away some time ago or I would have gladly sent it along to you.

Sounds like there is much optimism around - good luck everyone and may all new ventures turn out to be good ones for all concerned
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2