Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 07:00 AM

Daily thread 8th June 2018

Morning all, just had to comment very quickly after reading through last evenings posts. Griff I had to laugh about the spark plug thing. My brother was a mechanic and when I said to him that my carpets were wet in the car and that I thought I had a leak he said set a match to it and you would soon find out what sort of leak. Huh needless to say I didn't. Mind you I am always amazed at how many people I see smoking when the bonnet is up.? Tyto still being weird. Now I am having a problem with him going to the loo overnight. Just as well it is easy to clean up. Hope this doesn't last to long. Anyway enough of my little problem. Hope everyone else is in fine fettle and all doglets. Oh and any other hanimules that anyone has. Have a good day each.OOPS Forgot to put is Friday. bg!! Sorry.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Good Morning Brenda and all to follow. Hope Tyto is not having a funny turn and all our other friends and four legged variety too are feeling good. It was nice to find the thread already started.

Chris, hope you and yours are feeling better. Griff, hope Deag is ok now and Harvey hope Casey is still improving.

Lynn, hope things are beginning to get sorted one way and another and Dillon is on a good stretch at the moment.

Kazz hope you are ok too and all those we haven't seen for a while.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 08:48 AM
Hi Moyra, No Tyto is ok just not able to hold on until the morning even though I take him out later than usual in the evening. Never mind I am sure it will sort itself out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Brenda, far from ideal but what about some puppy pads? Is he drinking more??
Lol..I must admit I used to be naughty, I used to smoke whilst working on the vehicles...never in a client's car but underneath and under the bonnet...when we moved to our purpose built site it was no smoking so all that stopped
Moyra, thanks, she seems o.k at the moment... hopefully she will be o.k for an hour or so as I am having lunch with Steve
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Afternoon benda, Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Breezy but not to cold here today.
Cut my finger little one on right hand last night on our new knives it is a little sore and achy. Silly me managed it while washing it after cutting through Dillon's lamb ribs ro freeze.

Had a note through the door this morning inviting us at the end fo the end to one of the elderly chaps 90th birthday party he has lived in the village all his life I believe. It is from one of the sons of the man who wanted to buy a piece of our garden.
Thought I would check the date it is end of the month as we have tickets to see two artists from Beautiful south this month at thetford forest. Found tickets only to find that is tomorrow. Good job I checked. Had to cancel going to Michael and Margarets to help them sort their way round the computer to book a few days away for Margaret's 80th this year.
Going Sunday instead.

All in all a bit of a muddled morning thank goodness for the birthday invite otherwise we would of missed the concert.

brenda hope Tyto is improving and glad Deags seems on the mend griff.

Hope everyone else and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Good afternoon all. A murky morning again here.

I am absolutely livid at the moment. A guy has just been from DFS for the sofa. He bounced on it, pushed his head back then put his hand underneath and pulled the bottom while working the mechanism. It will pull up, but that is not how they should work. Then he tried to fob off and say it will work it's way in in a couple of weeks. Heck NO. I have a recliner sofa. It is 12 years old and has worked on the pull mechanism since it was delivered. Not only that, we looked in every showroom in town that does sofas and every one of them worked when you pulled the lever. I am waiting for a call back from a manager now.

Anyways, rant over

Lynn, if I don't write everything down in my paper diary I keep at the side of me and check every morning, I'd miss every appointment we have. I'm afraid the aging process and a good memory should never be said in the same sentence. lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Lynn, lucky the invite came...sorry about your finger
Chris, we have a DFS recliner, worked off the handle from day one and when it broke the second handle worked immediately...they do come out with some nonsense
Been up the pub for lunch, was really nice and I am glad Steve has had a proper meal
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Well, that got me nowhere. I still have to wait two week then ring back (manager of the Brigg Store) and he will come out. I asked what would happen if I had bought this for a 90 year old who couldn't bounce on it and pull it up manually while pulling on an ineffective lever and he said 'well you wouldn't buy a manual recliner for someone elderly, you would have bought an electric'. It's cost 'em, because I was going to buy and three and two seater to replace ours. Not now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 03:02 PM
What?? You can operate our manual recliner with 2finfers and minimal effort!! Do you do FB Chris?? I find a rant on there can be incredibly effective and gets a quicker and better response than dealing with the store directly.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Chris I will offer this advice as someone who once dealt with DFS over along period of time with a faulty sofa.

DO not let them repair it send them a letter with inforamtion regarding fault and tell them "I wish to reject the goods and claim a full refund as it is not fit for purpose" do not let them try to fix it. Just keep repeating the mantra......send recorded delivery to store and h/o and a deadline for a reply.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >