Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 07:25 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 31st May

Good morning everyone

Fingers crossed for your appointment at the dentist Moyra.

Its good that Steve has acknowledged he has problems with committing to a friendship Griff. Hopefully he can work on it further for you both

Very dull and heavy here first thing this morning but have managed my walk. Just got in before the rain started so that has put paid to any more gardening. Managed to get the grass cut yesterday afternoon so at least the garden looks tidy.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone, well that's another month gone. I have dentist again at 10.30 some more extractions. I hope everyone and their four legged friends are all in good health. I am feeling very low.

Chris, hope he is better today and not fitting.

Harvey, hope Casey and Lara are ok and Lynn hope Dillon is ok too.

Griff, I hope you are ok without your chemo. I have been sneezing all morning so guess I have caught a cold.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Back from the dentist minus tooth, he wouldn't remove the others. Back to him in August.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Good afternoon all.

At least you have got the worst over with now Moyra and you can go forward with your other tests if the cold you seem to be coming down with doesn't stop them.

Gary isn't too well today so it looks like the 'suspected fit' was an actual one. I'm going down in a few minutes to check him out and bring him here if necessary.

I'm hoping he gets better over the weekend because we have his old sofa going on Monday and the new one delivered on Tuesday. Ah, life is full of little joys
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Afternoon awl......

Uncomfortably muggy here, uncomfortable for walking but we have been out three times. Pounding off the pounds. Getting a dog has been good for my waistline.......and left with a wardrobe filled with stuff that doesn't fit so well. Not complaining, you understand.

Less good news is that Max had a seizure on Saturday early morning. The vet took blood samples and these showed a somewhat reduced calcium level. Further blood samples will taken an a more detailed analysis done. Watch this space.

In the meantime, he seems to be his usual lively self and we have got his weight down by about 2 1/2 kg.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Aw, besoeka, you must be so very worried about your boy. Seizures are terrible to witness. I do hope they get whatever it is that caused it under control and quickly. Thoughts with your wonderful lad.

I've just got back from my lads. He did obviously have a fit from the bad aches and pains he had. He has also started with a bad cold which probably brought it on. He won't come here so we are on camera watch at the moment.

Unfortunately, I've had to report the guy who lives next door to him to the main landlord of the flats Gary lives in. I very properly and nicely knocked and asked them if they would move the pushbike they have chained in the stairway on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning to make way for the taking of the old sofa and bringing in of the new one and got a 'maybe or maybe not, depending on what we are doing'. It shouldn't be there anyway as it is major hazard - even getting shopping upstairs past it is a pain so there was little else I could do but report it. Stupid couple, all this unpleasantness when it could so very easily have been avoided as I really am very easy going.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Oh Poor Max, hope it is nothing serious and can be overcome very quickly.

Chris, sorry about Gary, Do they know next door about him fitting?

I have been on to the hospital and cancelled my top and tail oscopies on the 9th. I am just terrified of them perforating my bowel. I didn't realize it but it is 10 years since I had the hystoscopy and endometrial biopsy. I am going on the 9th to see what they have to say.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Chris, you are nicer than me..I would have got bolt cutters , removed the bike and it would have been bent and sent onto a scrappy!! My brother lives in a block in London and he is top floor but he has some thing that you connect to the bike and winch it up out the way
Moyra, I m o.k thanks, if it reassures you, my dad has had both cameras twice and a pill can...ask if they offer the pill can
Sue...Steve is just a t*t...at some point his brain will catch up with what everyone else can see Lol
Turned out to be a really pleasant day...was awaiting thunderstorms but so far no sign
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Chris, sorry about Gary, Do they know next door about him fitting?
Oh yes they know, Moyra. We have had a few problems with them in the past. I think the term 'poison dwarves' apply.

Very long story involving two of his neighbours, but one died (and it really is the only time a death has caused me to be relieved) and the bike guy just liked to fuel the flames. The police were involved and it was classed as a hate crime, but the guy died before they could act. The bike guy was warned off. We own the flat Gary lives in. The bike guy rents from the main site landlord who I have involved today. I just pray things don't escalate, but if they do, they do