Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 07:40 PM

Acceptance

We was stuck for almost 3 hours on the side of the M11. I turned to and said what if Ben had been with us.he would of been terrified of the busy road.and it was a relief that he wasn't with us.also we didn't have to worry about leaving him for all those hours. Maybe it's acceptance that he's gone.still miss him dreadfully.theres a huge gap in our lives.but it's not hurting quite so much.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 10:32 PM
There you go darling ... The old adage time is the great healer is absolutely true. You are coming to terms with your loss and beginning to heal ... This is how we as human beings cope with the awfulness and loss of a beloved ... Of any species. I am proud of you ... And most importantly of all so would Ben be xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2016, 11:10 PM
We never forget, nor stop hurting, but time does allow us to accept and come to the realisation that we were lucky to spend their lives with them xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Awwww its hard isn't it. But shows how much you thought of him to consider his feelings re hating the traffic delays.
Time does not heal but it does take the edge off.But the Ben shape hole will always remain in your heart, but slowly and hopefully it will fill with happy memories.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Bless you, my old girl will have been gone 3years in December, my boy 3years February, I have 2 gorgeous staffy mixes who I adore but the past couple of weeks I have missed my old 2sooooo much, they each gave the best hugs and kisses, sometimes it just sneaks up on you, most of the time I am o.k
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Apart from 1 two week break I haven't been dogless since I was a kid, I've lost plenty and it's hard enough when you have others to distract you but having no dog at all is really painful so you're doing really well Cathy. Keep it up and eventually you'll just smile at the memories x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Yes trouble, you are right I had my little Kota left behind to help look after me...I don't know what I would have done without my black psycho!
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2016, 04:53 AM
Know how exact you feel right now! I know someday you will be okay. Just be strong I pray for you.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Do know 1 thing I havnt had to get my hoover out so often.he was a bad moulter I'd get up some days and think blimey Ben u had a puppy.the groomer used to get a bin bag of fur off him.and I was constantly brushing him.which he hated.one day I got his brushes out and he shot off into the kitchen and hid behind the door.he peered at me around the door lol.
As someone said memories.
Still hurts especially in the quiet times