View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2016, 08:26 AM
I've always had my dogs in a cage at the side of the bed until they are settled and reliable (both on house training and chewing - it's normal for pups to want to chew).

When they are truly settled and reliable, I leave the cage open and the doors. Invariably, they have chosen their own space.

With my previous two dogs, that space has been in the living room. With my present dog (who is my first small dog) she sometimes chooses my bed sometimes the living room, most times both.

It works for us, but my previous two were barred from my bed as they were bigger dogs.

Your dog is a baby. Give him some time and the chewing will stop. His little teeth are a pain to both him and you at the moment, but it will pass
27Ceasar
New Member!
Male 

03-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
When does he chew your things? If you are with him when he is doing this, redirect his play on to one of his own toys and remove the other item. If he is chewing while you are not there, then pop him in his crate when you are not around to supervise.

Are you doing much with him in terms of training and play? Mental stimulation and early simple training (for just a couple of minutes at a time a few times a day) can go a long way to tiring a puppy's busy brain and therefore encourage rest and sleep when you cannot occupy him. Are you taking him out for trips in the car? In your arms to see new situations etc?

Do you have any photos of your pup? Would love to see them. What is his name?
He chews anytime. When he chews while I'm there I will give him one of his toys. He is actually destructive at the moment. He ripped the leather doorstop to pieces.

Still trying to teach him his name and to sit. Playtime he gets a lot of attention.

I will have to get him a cage.

His name is Ceasar.

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2016, 01:24 PM
He's gorgeous.

Hang in there, it will get better as he matures
27Ceasar
New Member!
Male 

03-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He's gorgeous.

Hang in there, it will get better as he matures
Thank you. Ceasar's father is also a magnificent looking dog. So hopefully he looks like his father when he is a adult dog.

Picture of his father (fathers name : Baron Vom Bierstadter Hof)

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Ceasar is gorgeous. As Chris says, he will get easier as he gets older.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2016, 07:04 PM
First year is the worst
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2