Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-07-2015, 09:38 AM

Where have you been on holiday

Sicilian Costume women Traditional ( silly man asleep with a girl like that beside him )

men ( a sicilian courtyard)

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2015, 12:35 PM
I've been to Sicily, a very long time ago now, my 35 year old was two at the time. My word it was hot. Did you do the funicular at Taormina?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Went on the Caledonian Sleeper to Inverness a couple of years ago with Tyto and it was brilliant. We stayed at Foyers Falls. Lovely place worth going to see.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I've been to Sicily, a very long time ago now, my 35 year old was two at the time. My word it was hot. Did you do the funicular at Taormina?
No this was part of a day trip with the Med cruise
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Dont do holidays! Am not well enough and no good would come of even the travelling for me. I take tours here on the internet! Great1
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 09:39 AM
I don't do them, either. I can't board my Jade, and I don't like the idea of boarding anyway. The pets can't come with me and there's no real way to do it. Their care is impossible without me.

If I went alone, I don't trust my family to treat them right for an extended period, they don't really know what they're doing and dont care enough. They would probably feed Nigredo soy which he is allergic to, and not walk my Jadey Bunny at all.

In addition, I can't afford it, am not a fan of traveling, and as for family vacations, the people in this home don't get along well enough to make a costly vacation worth it.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I don't do them, either. I can't board my Jade, and I don't like the idea of boarding anyway. The pets can't come with me and there's no real way to do it. Their care is impossible without me.

If I went alone, I don't trust my family to treat them right for an extended period, they don't really know what they're doing and dont care enough. They would probably feed Nigredo soy which he is allergic to, and not walk my Jadey Bunny at all.

In addition, I can't afford it, am not a fan of traveling, and as for family vacations, the people in this home don't get along well enough to make a costly vacation worth it.
Ah well! I am on holiday every time I go shopping! Always end the day with a visit to somewhere beautiful and maybe a picnic on the way home. Loved it when I was young er though; a tent and i was happy...Ah well, age is an intriguing time. And I enjoy watching the tourists and revel in their pleasure at being on holiday.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Ah well! I am on holiday every time I go shopping! Always end the day with a visit to somewhere beautiful and maybe a picnic on the way home. Loved it when I was young er though; a tent and i was happy...Ah well, age is an intriguing time. And I enjoy watching the tourists and revel in their pleasure at being on holiday.
I actually stay away from the tourist attractions, too. There are usually large crowds which I am not a fan of. Lots of violent crime here, too so you just have to be careful in certain situations. Going shopping is a boring and crowded affair, as well. Big one stop shopping arenas full of people talking too loudly and long lines moving too slowly.

I live near the metro city area, so nothing beautiful about skyscrapers, pot holes, and industrial areas. However, it's home and I'm used to it and I like it here. I suppose that's a part of why I'm not big on vacationing. When we get used to something, occasionally it becomes a part of us and we don't wan to change it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 10:41 AM
I used to love holidays both in the UK and abroad, but since moving to the coast and getting older, I don't have the urge any more.

I love where I live and we go into town every day for a mosey around. It's like a permanent holiday to me
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I used to love holidays both in the UK and abroad, but since moving to the coast and getting older, I don't have the urge any more.

I love where I live and we go into town every day for a mosey around. It's like a permanent holiday to me
Kindred spirit! lol.... I am only out once or twice a week but I enjoy it so much... and I love giving advice and help to the tourists as I know all the back roads and quieter places here now. Hoping well enough tomorrow; my shopping list is shorter without collie..
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >