Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xmissm0nicax
New Member!
Female 

11-05-2015, 03:25 AM

Greeting other dogs. Help!

I've only had Honey for about 5 days now, she's a sweet dog and loves to play.

I'm a little concerned however, with how she greets other dogs. Tail wagging but high, head on, with her hackles raised up.

Her ears stand straight up naturally, but she postures them when she greets another dog. She's very alert.

She's never went after another dog, or been aggressive at all. And she came from a foster with another dog.

She cries when she sees dogs pass and wants to meet them. She's met dogs here in our neighborhood and also at the local Pet Expo (Kind of like a PetCo/Petsmart store).

Today she was so excited to meet a puppy in the store, she peed a little. Yikes! But she still met the puppy with raised hair, and an alert/almost dominant posture.

Should I be concerned, or is this just normal behavior? I knew my last dog very well, and knew in no uncertain terms that he was NOT dog friendly and did not greet others well.

I haven't had her long enough to really know, she seems to do well but her approach makes me a little nervous.

She's going with me to meet a potential foster on Wednesday and I really want this to go well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2015, 07:24 AM
How do the other dogs react to her? If there was anything malicious in her I think you would be able to tell by their reaction.
Good luck with the foster
xmissm0nicax
New Member!
Female 

11-05-2015, 05:08 PM
They seem to be okay, excited or playful.

I would think they'd respond to how she reacts but it seems to be going okay.

I know that some dogs are leash reactive so I'd like to see how she does off-leash at the dog park