View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2013, 10:57 AM
I think there's a girlie Henry as well,Hetty I I think she is called
I had a Henry for years, I've got the morphy richards 2500 cylinder cleaner which is great and gets everything. They aren't making them anymore unfortunately, can't understand why because it is the strongest one I've ever had suction wise, beats even the Henry
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Whatever you do, do not buy a Russell Hobbs Pet Cyclonic 2000 unless you are feeling suicidal!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 11:11 AM
I'd never heard of the Russell Hobbs Pet Cyclonic until now, but I've just had a very quick look on Amazon and judging by the reviews, it seems everyone agrees with you!

Perhaps I could get a Charles for my husband Charlie and a George for my son George. And let them do all the vacuuming.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
I'd never heard of the Russell Hobbs Pet Cyclonic until now, but I've just had a very quick look on Amazon and judging by the reviews, it seems everyone agrees with you!

Perhaps I could get a Charles for my husband Charlie and a George for my son George. And let them do all the vacuuming.
LOL! What a brilliant idea! I like your thinking - you could then always say that you can't do ANY vacuuming because you haven't found a model called 'MUM' or 'WIFE'

Meant to add that I also like the Numatic small round attachment that is the long soft floppy brush. Been cleaning my keyboards, backs of tellies and all sorts with that for years.

If removal of pet hair is the uppermost concern I'm sure you can google for that. Personally I have other needs for a vacuum apart from pet hair. Another thing I love about Henry and the long nozzle with the power suction is that I can poke it into places like the cupboard under the sink and it just sucks all crumbs and bits in from all over. Ditto for under the fridge and washing machine. You don't have to move them out - he'll drag the stuff in from under!

Very basic design with all powered and working bits in the 'lid'. Means you can take the whole bottom and just wash it out in the sink without worrying about electrics.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Had henrys for work, and dysons at home until recently. Henrys are great for small spaces and fiddly corners, uprights are better we find at home for hairy problems. Didn't find our last dyson worth the money it didn't last as long as the others we had so recently got a bissel which I am loving. Decided on a bissel after using the bissel carpet washer which is excellent.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 12:38 PM
I like the sound of something that can get the stuff from under the fridge and washing machine - oh the embarrassment when someone comes to fix something and reveals all the filth underneath.

Dog hair isn't really a major problem with the dogs I have at the moment, so I don't need one designed especially for pet hair. I've decided I'll have a look locally today to see if I can get one at a sensible price, otherwise Amazon seems to be the best deal.

Interesting about the bissel carpet washer, Julie. That is something I really do need. Either that or new carpets!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Ahh now carpets are a thing of the past for me. Tiles throughout what I really need is a steam mop. But would like one that did it ALL. Hoovered up the bits and mopped at the same time!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 01:37 PM
And does the ironing would be handy.
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Ahh now carpets are a thing of the past for me. Tiles throughout what I really need is a steam mop. But would like one that did it ALL. Hoovered up the bits and mopped at the same time!

Me too, now that would be the ideal Christmas prezzie - if only.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Personally I couldn't use anything other than an upright.
I've got a Panasonic that I have had for about 8 years and it is as good as new. (ok, ok, i know I do very little housework )
I just fit the hose for under fridges, cupboards etc
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >