View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
What with eversuffering wrapping my presents till about midnight just for me to unwrap them just a few hours later as he is working and sometimes dosent get home till late. I usually have all the presents wrapped, so Christmas, will never be xmas to me, Eve, I tend to have a small Baileys with ice, and maybe pizza for supper.

Christmas day, we get up, see the all the animals, unwrap our presents, then my brother and family and sister and her family come to us, we have bucks fizz, unwrap more presents, then go off to in-laws, more present unwrapping, go to the pub, get home about two and then we usually have lamb, which has been slowly cooking since about ten in the morning with all the roasties I can possible get in the over I have done salmon with greek salad before, that was really good.

THEN at last, I get to relax with eversuffering husband and cook another big dinner on Boxing day, take the dogs out and then it's a small Baileys again

I know it was supposed to about what we had for Christmas dinner, but got carried away
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
What with eversuffering wrapping my presents till about midnight just for me to unwrap them just a few hours later as he is working and sometimes dosent get home till late. I usually have all the presents wrapped, so Christmas, will never be xmas to me, Eve, I tend to have a small Baileys with ice, and maybe pizza for supper.

Christmas day, we get up, see the all the animals, unwrap our presents, then my brother and family and sister and her family come to us, we have bucks fizz, unwrap more presents, then go off to in-laws, more present unwrapping, go to the pub, get home about two and then we usually have lamb, which has been slowly cooking since about ten in the morning with all the roasties I can possible get in the over I have done salmon with greek salad before, that was really good.

THEN at last, I get to relax with eversuffering husband and cook another big dinner on Boxing day, take the dogs out and then it's a small Baileys again

I know it was supposed to about what we had for Christmas dinner, but got carried away
I like it when people get carried away. Love reading the minutae of other people's daily lives!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post

That's not getting carried away getting carried away would be noting W.C breaks as well.

Sounds like a nice day - love the addition of Baileys every lap or two.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2013, 09:09 AM
We had ours on Sunday the organic pork was lovely and tender and the three little ones (one aged 2 and two aged 3) had second helpings of everything and two of them had home made Christmas pudding and brandy sauce as well as the raspberries in jelly which was made for them .

It is lovely to see them eat, unlike many small children they will eat almost anything having been brought up with BLW (where they hand feed themselves as small babies with proper rather than baby food).

I can now relax knowing I only have myself to cook for on Christmas day
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2013, 04:54 PM
For the past 3 years (since our Mothers have been in nursing homes who we visit on Xmas Eve) we have been going down the road for drinks and nibbles around 11.30 to a neighbour who has open-house. We then come back and have a traditional turkey roast (with roast ham too) around 3.30. This year however, we'll miss the drinks at the neighbours as I'll be out walking the dogs to tire them out and then around midday we are going to friends for lunch. A first in 20 or so years not to have lunch here but I'm really looking forward to it

We rarely deviate from: roast turkey, ham, pigs in blankets plus all the veggies for main meal followed by xmas pud, trifle with ice-cream and then a cheese board .... which rarely gets touched as we are all so full. We don't do starters because the boys (especially when they were younger) would already be full of chocolate father xmas and all the other edibles that were in their stockings. Now its more like dragging them out of bed after they've been out celebrating the night before
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2013, 01:00 PM
We are having a barbecue. We've done it once before in the snow in Aviemore when we were on holiday up there a couple of years ago. We have a back up plan in case its pouring down.
My OH & son do the barbie cooking so the stress isn't all on me
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
We had ours on Sunday the organic pork was lovely and tender and the three little ones (one aged 2 and two aged 3) had second helpings of everything and two of them had home made Christmas pudding and brandy sauce as well as the raspberries in jelly which was made for them .

It is lovely to see them eat, unlike many small children they will eat almost anything having been brought up with BLW (where they hand feed themselves as small babies with proper rather than baby food).

I can now relax knowing I only have myself to cook for on Christmas day
ah no way,you can come round to mine
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5