View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2013, 11:09 PM
I do know there's no substitute for liver (mmm, liver) but have you tried sweet fruit? 2 of my 3 love carrots and apples. Taji will even do a little dance when he comes in. He has his own words for them. I'm just wondering if maybe you could cut his liver with apples or carrots or something to make it a little lighter? It's a pretty traditional flavour combination, too.

The only trouble we've had with apples is when Taji stole an entire bag and ate like 7 of them, in the bed, and then there was the PooPocalypse in the morning. 1 or 2 a day doesn't seem to be bad at all!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2013, 10:24 AM
As well as liver I make treats with chicken or turkey gizzards. Cut the gizzards up small then bake (with no added oil) them on a non stick swiss roll tin in a slow oven for about half an hour.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
I do know there's no substitute for liver (mmm, liver) but have you tried sweet fruit? 2 of my 3 love carrots and apples. Taji will even do a little dance when he comes in. He has his own words for them. I'm just wondering if maybe you could cut his liver with apples or carrots or something to make it a little lighter? It's a pretty traditional flavour combination, too.

The only trouble we've had with apples is when Taji stole an entire bag and ate like 7 of them, in the bed, and then there was the PooPocalypse in the morning. 1 or 2 a day doesn't seem to be bad at all!
He also seems to like the little cubes of candied papaya - which does have a digestive enzyme, but I'm not sure how much is too much!
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2013, 09:41 PM
one can of tuna in sunflower oil (large)
one egg
60g of plain flour
pinch of garlic salt

mix wet ingrediants together flour microwavable plate
roll out mixture
score into shapes
microwave on high for about four mins
score again
leave to cool

my dog has a very sensitive tum and this one works very well!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2